• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mill Cases

6 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, comicquant said:

That just screams SCS to me.  Every time that is moved its going to blunt the spine a bit.  Mylar's essentially taper at all the extremities of the book so its suspended (with the right sized bag).

Mylite2s, maybe? 

I think the snugs or full Mylars are almost as bad as anything else, sticking to the cover, and letting the rest of the book move.

I've had books shipped to me in full Mylars that have split, and the covers have stuck, but the rest of the book has come out.

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Mylite2s, maybe? 

I think the snugs or full Mylars are almost as bad as anything else, sticking to the cover, and letting the rest of the book move.

I've had books shipped to me in full Mylars that have split, and the covers have stuck, but the rest of the book has come out.

Mylite2s are great and what I accidentally called Mylars.  I bought some Mylite4s a couple of years ago and putting books in them is just dangerous.  You're basically slipping the book between two razor blades.  Not only that but you have to use duct tape to hold the flap down.  I just got a book a week or two a go that was in a mylite4...  The cover was stuck to the surface so I had to cut the book out.