• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What comic would you buy right now to sell in 2-3 years.
1 1

114 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Franzese10 said:

Hello,

I am a comic investor and wanted to get some opinions on what comics to buy right now which you feel would increase substantially over the next few years.

Personally, I think FF #48 and Tomb of Dracula #10 will skyrocket.

What do you guys think?

I thought your first post has to be approved by the mods ? Just what we need, another novice comic investor. I'll let all the financial planners on these Boards advise you. 

4 minutes ago, The Hefty Lefty said:

I don't understand your confusion. If you're reading a person's one and only post, it was obviously approved by a Mod.

No? (shrug)

My comment was totally tongue in cheek. I just thought it was a terrible first post. You are correct, he did sign up in 2017, I missed that fact.  I think the first post approval is something new. I would have declined him ! 

There is significant downside risk to the entire economy.

I would guess (and that is all anyone can do) that we are closer to the next downturn than the last.

The market seems a bit 'frothy'.

If you can get some original art for a super key book or a super rare signature like Ditko, that might have a little growth left.

Edited by NP_Gresham

4 hours ago, Pirate said:

X-Force #1  the bagged one.  

Several  cases of Marvel age.

Still super cheap and OP can turn it into fuel or a paper mache hut when he loses his azz

Edited by NP_Gresham

1 hour ago, NP_Gresham said:

Several  cases of Marvel age.

Still super cheap and OP can turn it into fuel or a paper mache hut when he loses his azz

It's a fair point.  We are now at two minutes to midnight again, and should be preparing by stockpiling pork and beans, shotgun shells, bottled water, and, as you said, plenty of combustible, paper-based material such as Marvel Age and X-Force 1.  

Either way, price hike, economic downturn, or apocalypse, you'll be sitting pretty with those comics.

Shrewd advice from several boardies.

Edited by Ken Aldred

7 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Great.  What are you investing in so far?  Any hot tips?

I think any silver surfer keys will skyrocket in the coming years. I've heard rumours that they will bring Mephisto into a SS movie. I would buy that comic now. Also, get Ghost Rider's 1st appearance. They will do a GR movie. 

What are you looking for right now?

Edited by Franzese10