• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEWARE Ebay seller wxei953

36 posts in this topic

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=wxei953

This guy screwed me a while back and it looks like he got to at least one other person. I bought a CGC 9.6 Spectacular Spiderman #1 from him and he sent me an unslabbed copy. I was going to just let it go but it seems that he has been selling severly overgraded comics and then not offering to do anything about them . He never offered a settlemant for me at all and I treid numerous times to work something out.

I realize it may only be a few people but I thought I'd let everyone know so it doesn't happen to you.

Yea, it looks like the guy was trying to be slick.

When ever I see something like this...

I always ask questions.

CGC wasn't in the title and the seller can alway play it off like he put in the wrong picture.

Always be sceptical of sellers under 100 positives - that is when they make the most boo boos!

tongue.gif

The guy's a scammer, but did you really think you were getting a CGC 9.6 copy of PPSSM for $15? 27_laughing.gif

In a situation that like, it's obvious the majority of buyers either saw the ruse or emailed asking for specifics. If you had been taken for market value on the book, I'd feel worse, but at $15, you had to know something was up.

Another thing to add is -

whether or not it was in at least NM condition (9.0 minimum)

that helps to absorb this lesson a lot easier if it is.

It would be absolute compostable_fertilizer if this book was less than very fine minus...

tongue.gif

It was in good shape and I still didn't get completley ripped off. The point of the matter is it was pictured as a cgc book and there were no notes to say otherwise. I figured he listed it wrong and no one saw it as being cgc. If it was not a cgc book then he should have stated that the picture was not the actual item. I can see where that could have gotten messed up especially if someone wasn't familar with comics, but he made no effort to resolve the problem. I tried numerous times to contact him and he replied twice with the same email both times with no effort to resolve.

Just tryin to let you guys know, not complaining about it. There are always risks on ebay.

As far as did I know something was up, I thought so but I wanted to make a little money on this guys mislisting. Turns out I paid what it was worth or close to it. Now I have three copies of this. Maybe I should sell two of 'em. Keep your eyes open for them in the marketplace.

I'm not going to do anything else other then what I already have. I't not worth it. I'll just have to be more selective on muy urchases. The book is in very good shape. I would say at least an 8.5 but proably a good 9.0. But I'm no professional grader.

I'll post a scan later this evening.

Thanks for the welcome.

There are a lot of overgraders out there on eBay but it is still pretty rare to git an S#B seller who advertises a slabbed comic then sends you an unslabbed one. He needs some red marks on his feedback. The force is definitely NOT with him.

i don't understand why so many are willing to give this seller the benefit of the doubt here. it doesn't matter what condition the book he received was in.

in the original auction, no mention is made that the picture of the book is only a representation of the actual item. this is done in an effort to jack up the price. it seems on the edge of fraud to me. luckily, this tactic didn't work...but that doesn't remove the INTENT, which is where the wrongdoing comes in in my mind.

car dealers now have to put VIN or other identifying numbers on cars they feature in their ads for this same reason...they used to advertise a car selling for a ridiculously low amount, but when you got to the lot, it turns out they had just one, stripped, or had 'just sold it.'

this is disreputable behaviour, regardless of the book that was actually sent

the buyer should always question before bidding. this is easier advice to give than to follow as i have made that mistake more than once