• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEWARE Ebay seller wxei953

36 posts in this topic

Well if I see a similiar item like that, the first thing I will do is to as the seller "is this item is CGC graded?" if he say no, I will never bid on it! Maybe the buyer should question before bid.

It wouldn't have hurt to ask the seller that question, but I can't fully agree with you.

The pictured book is a slabbed 9.6. Seller was intentionally misrepresenting his item. No excuse for that.

I hope that Silverz gave him a negative. That is unacceptable. 893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

I did give him a negative after he gave me a positive. He jumped the gun on the feedback and now he's regretting it.

What grade do you guys view the book as? I'm just wondering.

I can see the point of asking the seller if the book was cgc graded or not........but I felt the question was answered in the picture. I'll not make this mistake again.

a VF, maybe VF+? maybe i'm being optimistic.

so you paid sort of in the upper average for that book in that condition, raw. you could get it for less with some luck betting on a small scan.

as a buyer i don't think you getting a neg is such a big deal. if you have a bunch, maybe you'll get blocked or bids cancelled, but not for just a few. other than ripping you off, there's not much a seller can do. NPBs may ultimately get you bounced, but you clearly paid here.

It's bad enough he advertised this book with a pic of a CGC book....But to say it's a 9.6 & send you this junk...an 8.0 well he has balls!!! These types of sellers will keep selling their [embarrasing lack of self control] till people like silverz comes along & negs their rump & gets them kicked off ebay....my 2 cents. Not dissin your comic silverz but a 9.6 compared to an 8.0 is junk....you get the point.

The seller definately deserved that NEG, (and most likely a good beating devil.gif) for attempting to deceive buyers.

The only problem I have with this whole thing are a few comments you made earlier on in this thread:

I figured he listed it wrong and no one saw it as being cgc.

As far as did I know something was up, I thought so but I wanted to make a little money on this guys mislisting.

If the book really was a CGC 9.6, don't you think you'd be ripping the seller off at $15? confused-smiley-013.gif