• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help identify this Millie OA page

22 posts in this topic

I posted this in the Comics General OA thread, but I think it will get more eyes here that are likely to know the answer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Howdy y'all,

First, I'm secure enough to admit that I have a thing for Millie the Model. flamed.gif

Ok, now that the laughter has died down a bit, I bought this unidentified page from Heritage recently for the paltry sum of $35. I just couldn't pass up a page that inexpensive, and I also got a Ayers/Vince Colletta "Combat Kelly" page for $29 in the same auction!

Now I'm dying to know what issue this is from. If you're Millie saavy, please let me know. A fabulous no-prize awaits you!

Thanks,

-Jim

870127-Mystery_Millie.jpg

Thanks F4F! I didn't think to check there.

I've done a little more digging on Heritage's site, and the following page from this story was also sold as unidentified a few months ago, but in that auction they indicate it is most likely from 1967. Based on that, it is almost certainly not from one of the Clicker appearances listed on comics.org. That narrows it down quite a bit. If no one on the forums has those books, I'll just look for them in SD this weekend.

Definitely not the Chili, as the art there-in is all wrong.

However, here is a scan from Modelling with Millie #38:

54327375552.38.P3.GIF

Could check MHC for other pages to at least narrow it down and maybe cross-reference with comics.org for when/where that artist did their work.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Since the page says MILLIE MODEL, I'm going to say it is not Modeling with Millie, and believe it to be a Millie the Model comic ranging from # 112 January 1963 through # 152 August 1967. Shortly after this point the Millie books started to get that "Archie" look and feel.

I realize that this doesn't exactly narrow it down very well, but I believe it is in this area. 40 issues. My Millies are of the other title. Sorry.

Every bit of deductive reasoning helps. I agree with you, Mica, and I think it is most likely one of the 6 issues of Millie the Model published in 1967.

Thanks!

I'm betting it's from Millie the Model 151. If you have 9 dollars to gamble, it's a buy it Now on Ebay. I looked at the covers scans that I have, and the ones I had didn't seem to match the context of your page 4.

So I started looking for this issue 151 that I don't have and that one sort of looks like it may be the one.

As mentioned earlier I didn't have a scan for this issue, and this Ebay picture is small and blurry.

2c_1_b.JPG

I suppose you could E-mail the seller and have him describe page 4 to you. 27_laughing.gif

Mild Mannered Mica

I discovered I have Millie the Model 149 (yeah I'm a fan boy). But that's not it.

Here is issue 145 cover 870518-millie145.jpg Could be it, but I doubt it.

870518-millie145.jpg.e5ed9fdaf0d8f47b6a7309686bb6531c.jpg

From Comics.org, Clicker appeared in the following:

Chili #5

Modeling With Millie #21-8, #32-36

tho' the site can be incomplete.

Good luck!

The site is definitely incomplete. I have 3 pages from Modeling with Millie #46, a story featuring Millie competing with an Italian starlet for Clicker's affections.

news.gif Thanks to the wonderful generosity of Moondog and his inventory of Millie's at Wizard World Chicago, I have positively identified this art as being from the lead story in Millie the Model # 146 (Feb. 1967).

Thanks, Gary!!!!!!!