• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HP 7610 Scanner

22 posts in this topic

I hope this is okay to ask independently of the Legal Size Scanner Thread but I was afraid if someone does have an answer, it may get lost or overlooked in the main thread.  

I was wondering if anyone has used an HP 7610 large format scanner for scanning slabs?  And if so, have they been successful with sharp images?  

I cannot seem to get a good scan with slabs.  I have used Vuescan and NAPS2 with different settings and no good. 

My old microtek scanmaker v6upl finally gave up the ghost which I loved.  I'd buy another one but can't find one even on Ebay.  Since I already had the HP 7610 which I mainly use for printing and it has a large format scanning area, thought I would try it and not have to buy another scanner.

Thanks for any help.

2 hours ago, thunsicker said:

The product sheet says the 7610 is a CIS rather than a CCD device.

1 hour ago, GACollectibles said:

Yes, this should be the problem.

Image Sensor Type CIS

Thanks Tim and Andrew.  I was totally ignorant of this.  So new scanner shopping, I go.

1 minute ago, telerites said:

Thanks Tim and Andrew.  I was totally ignorant of this.  So new scanner shopping, I go.

That's what the scanner thread was for. :makepoint:

:baiting:

13 minutes ago, telerites said:

Now would be a good time to scan your Black Terror #6 and put it up for sale with a bad description that no one understands.

22 minutes ago, icefires said:

I like the HP Scanjet 8300 so much that I have a brand new backup still in the box in case my first one ever goes out. Don't know about the 8250, but my 8300 works great with Windows 10. I use VueScan.

Thank you!

24 minutes ago, icefires said:

I like the HP Scanjet 8300 so much that I have a brand new backup still in the box in case my first one ever goes out. Don't know about the 8250, but my 8300 works great with Windows 10. I use VueScan.

VueScan is $90, right? I think that's what I paid for the scanner.

9 minutes ago, valiantman said:

VueScan is $90, right? I think that's what I paid for the scanner.

$90 for the 8250?  That is a heck of a deal from what I have seen.

Not sure on the price of Vuescan - I was using the trial when I was messing with the 7610.

44 minutes ago, telerites said:
1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

$40

Blowie, are you finding one for this price or is that what you paid? 

I bow to your google superiority.

My mistake.  I was referring to the cost of VueScan.