• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - I'm published!

62 posts in this topic

Hi Joanna. It's Arcadia Publishing. They've done hundreds of these books for cities across the country. I'm just starting to work with their publicity department now, and they seem very cool.

Since I worked in a mall bookstore for so many years, I know people at several of the stores in the area, so setting up signings is going to be pretty simple. I also know a reporter for one of the local papers who's going to write a short piece about the book. It'll be interesting to see how much help Arcadia will be with publicity.

I'm really glad it's coming out in November. It should be a good stocking stuffer.

Sorry for going way off topic, but my book just got listed on Amazon for a November release, and i'm excited!

It's a pictorial history of Newport Beach through vintage postcards, and it was a lot of work. I can't wait to hold a copy in my hands. cloud9.gif

linky

Way to go, Nearmint!!! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gif

I'm really glad it's coming out in November. It should be a good stocking stuffer.

All praise Christmas. I've got a book coming out in the US, and a different one in the UK, both in time for Christmas. Both are gift books, so I've got my fingers crossed for some good sales.

It sounds like you've got some good ideas for publicity. It's always tough if you don't have the contacts, so you're ahead of the game.

Here's hoping your books fly off the shelves!!

-- Joanna

fantastic news! now get a -script made into a movie, and you will be worthy of outright worship

Believe me, I'm working on it, and some good things have been happening lately in that regard.

the shrine's foundation is all poured and curing, i'm just waiting for the steel fabricator to finish up with some channels and construction can commence...do you like a faux stucco finish, or would a plaster and lathe look more suit you

Congratulations! Jeff I went and pre-ordered one. thumbsup2.gif

This brings to mind my huge collection from my deceased Grandmother and my Mom's. Probably about a thousand. Mostly Michigan, but a lot of those fan folded ones from vacation areas.

Amazon finally posted an image of the cover, so I thought I'd post it here. A few of you have expressed interest in ordering the book, so I wanted to make sure you knew that all the postcards will be sepia toned, and not in color like the two examples I posted earlier in this thread.

The publication date is a week from Wednesday, 11/23/05, and I can't wait!

cover.jpg

Amazon finally posted an image of the cover, so I thought I'd post it here. A few of you have expressed interest in ordering the book, so I wanted to make sure you knew that all the postcards will be sepia toned, and not in color like the two examples I posted earlier in this thread.

The publication date is a week from Wednesday, 11/23/05, and I can't wait!

cover.jpg

Do you make money off of each book sold?

Jim

Do you make money off of each book sold?

Jim

A buck a book. I can also purchase books from the publisher at a 40% discount to sell myself at local events, like the ones that'll be happening throughout 2006 as we celebrate our centennial.

It's not going to be a big money maker. Just a labor of love, really. And, to be honest, it was a lot of fun to put together.

Gratz,Mint..........those pics remind me of the Ted Turner colorized movies,and the tinted red skeleton scene from the original Phantom of the Opera..(Lon Chaney rocks!).............It's cool seeing those turn of the century west coast pics........ yay.gif

Very off-topic, but I just saw the original Phantom of the Opera and the scene you referred to was shot in a two-color process, I believe. There are other segments that were tinted, but that scene, I believe was a red and green process.

First time I saw the thread.. glad it was bumped.

First off.. Congrats for being published.

Secondly... what is the forumite discount?

I would like 1 Silver foil embossed, lenticular, nude beach variant cover please.

Ze-