• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super Bowl LIII bet with a comic book

9 posts in this topic

Just want to have some fun here and add some excitement to the Super Bowl game tomorrow evening. This will be like some kind of a bet between me and the first boardie who will take one of the three books offered here.

The bet will be on either:

1) Korak, Son of Stone #1 VF (Russ Manning art) that will be priced at $50 + shipping cost (no insurance nor tracking) i.e. $10 in USA or $5 in Canada; or

2) Defenders #7 VF/NM that will be priced at $35 + shipping cost (no insurance nor tracking) i.e. $10 in USA or $5 in Canada; or

3) Two-Gun Kid #95 VF/NM to NM- (Kirby art) that will be priced at $40 + shipping cost (no insurance nor tracking) i.e. $10 in USA or $5 in Canada.

I will take the bet with just one person, which means that once somebody picks one of the three books above, the other two books are no longer available for a bet.

Las Vegas odds for tomorrow's game are that New England are favorite by 2.5 points over LA Rams. I do not like the Rams so I would like to bet for the Patriots.

The first :takeit:in this thread will take the bet against me. You must specify with which book you want to make the bet.

Here is the bet (Canada and USA only):

If New England wins tomorrow by 2 points or less or if they lose, you win the bet and I will ship the book of your choice to you for FREE.

If New England wins by 3 points or more, I win the bet so you will pay the price +shipping cost of the book that you did select and get the book like if you had purchased it.

This offer is valid until the game begins. Once it does and if nobody wants to make a bet, then the thread closes and the offer is no longer valid.

But seriously, what do you have to lose? At worst, you are going to pay to get a book. At best, you will get a free book. The best part though is that it will add some excitement for both of us tomorrow evening!

Some more terms:

People on the probation list, or that I may have on ignore, are not eligible to purchase. 

All my raw books are unrestored and not pressed unless noted. All my raw books are accurately graded and your satisfaction is guaranteed or your money back (except shipping costs) as long as book is returned in same condition as sent within 7 days of receipt. That means, if you lose the bet and have to pay for the book, and are unhappy with it upon reception, this guarantee still applies.

If you win the bet and want to benefit from the free shipping cost to add and purchase up to two more books from some of my past FS threads, you certainly are welcome to do so

I do accept PayPal.

NE will win tomorrow because this sport is so corrupt due to the mighty dollar it might as well be wrestling.

The only way to beat NE is to get Brady out of sync. The way to do that is to sack him... so Brady can now beat anyone / anywhere because defenses aren't allowed to even look at him without drawing a 15 yard penalty while the opposing team's QB gets crushed!

People can be delusional as they want to be but this past year has shown me that the NFL is just fixed to allow win whom ever they want.
Evidently the world loves to watch the pats in the super bowl over and over or they would demand more and not just settle for the scraps that Goodell allows us to have.

Cheers and Enjoy the money bowl!

:flipbait: