• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Thor #104-502 full run + annuals #1-19 and more! - selling as LOT

7 posts in this topic

Hello!

I had this run for sale a year ago but ended up holding onto it. Now, however, I am overrun by romance and Archie comics that need a home, so something needs to go to clear space. Sorry, Thor!!

Here are some rules:

1.    in thread trumps PM conversations.

2. In the case of multiple PMs, or take its, I will go by time stamp. 

3. no HoS/probation people please. I'm Crimebuster, not Crimeenabler

4. U.S. buyers only, my sincere apologies to our fine Canadian friends and all our buddies overseas

5. Paypal only! Thanks.

6. please pay promptly, I have a crimefighting monkey sidekick to feed

7. If there's any kind of issue with the books, let me know within one week of receiving it and we can figure out some kind of return. But I don't anticipate any issues!

8. I usually ship via USPS, but for something this size it's possible I may use UPS depending on location and how the price shakes out. Either way, you'll get a tracking number and whatnot as soon as it is sent. 

Thor #104-502!

Plus Annuals #1-19 and a pile of guest appearances, crossovers, and more!

$1400  $1300 $1200 shipped!! 

Additionally, if you live within a 2 hour drive from Boston, I will knock $100 off the price and deliver the books in person. 

I will also consider trades, or deals with part cash and part trade. 

Only selling this as a lot, not breaking it up for individual issues

This is complete run of Thor vol. 1 from the first issue with the Thor logo - #104 - through the end of the series at #502, which is 399 consecutive issues. Plus, all 19 Thor annuals, and a big pile of crossover appearances, like Daredevil #30 and Iron Man #65. And more!

The early Journey into Mystery issues are low grade readers. The grades edge up into mid-grades by around #140ish, and there are higher grade books mixed in, particularly once it gets to the Bronze Age after #200. 

I think at this price I might actually be underwater on these, but unfortunately I just don't have room right now to store them, so I am really hoping I can find a good home for these amazing comics. Jack Kirby's run on Thor is one of the most amazing works in comics, and anyone who loves the Fourth World at DC should really have this run in their collection, as his run ends with Ragnarok - the end of the Old Gods - directly leading into the rebirth in New Gods #1. The concepts for New Gods were originally ideas for a Thor reboot! Plus, there's all sorts of great stories after as well, like Roy Thomas's massive Ragnarok/Celestials/Eternals storyline that runs from around #280-300, Walt Simonson's legendary run from #337-383, and the replacement Thor arc from #432-460. 

A couple specific issue notes- #105 is a rag. It's complete, but probably a .5, just a placeholder that I never got around to upgrading. And #131 is missing a pretty large piece of the front cover.

A couple issues are signed, including #337. 

Besides JiM/Thor #104-502 and Annuals #1-19, this lot includes the following:

Daredevil #30

Fantasy Masterpieces #4 (reprints Silver Surfer #4)

Sub-Mariner #59

Iron Man #66

Marvel Team-Up #26, 70, 115, 148

Marvel Two-in-One #9, 22, 23

Marvel Spotlight #30 (Warriors Three)

Captain Marvel #57

Invaders #32, 33

Power Pack #19

Balder the Brave #1-4

What If? #10, 47, vol. 2 #12

Sif #1 (one shot)

Here are some scans of key issues! Please PM me with any questions. 

#112 - 1st Thor vs. Hulk!

1.0 - The spine is split from the midpoint to the bottom. Presents beautifully for the grade.

ADQ7K6N.jpg

#114 - 1st Absorbing Man!

H3mSy5B.jpg

#118 - 1st Destroyer!

Pgh4cNC.jpg

#119 - 1st Warriors Three!

MSGjT4q.jpg

Annual #1 - 1st Hercules!

2.0 - the spine is basically missing, but since this is a square bound annual, it doesn't affect the integrity of the book, and both front and back covers are still firmly attached

HdjnNDy.jpg

#126 - 1st issue of Thor!

1.8 - This has a kid's name, a store stamp, and a date stamp! It's got everything, and it's still holding together! I love well loved books like this. I can't be the only one, right?

ENUxKBS.jpg

#133 - 1st full Ego the Living Planet!

wPqYAj9.jpg

#148 - 1st Wrecker!

amJPjS6.jpg

#150 - 1st Hela!

5.0 - Looks beautiful, but is a little toasty, particularly on back cover. 

nZZw6fb.jpg

#165 - 1st full Him/Adam Warlock!

3.5 - has some bends and is super dirty. A press and a clean would make this look a billion times better, though I'm not sure it would improve the grade with the scuffing and creases on the edges. 

v8k60TR.jpg

#166 - 2nd full Him/Adam Warlock!

apV7T5y.jpg

#168 - Galactus!

5.0 - structurally nice, but dust shadow and toastiness on edges

I5g0RbN.jpg

#169 - Galactus!

qjIwdP6.jpg

VZ2JgcZ.jpg

c85vc7u.jpg

t90siIO.jpg

qqkOvv4.jpg