• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Mad knockoffs...

67 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Those are the best condition examples of most of those issues I've ever seen (certainly raw).   (worship)

Do you know if they hailed from a single OO collection once upon a time?  

Thanks. I got very lucky with these. They were not from a single original owner collection, but they came from a collector of sports memorabilia who was very particular and accumulated them in the late '80s and early '90s when few comic collectors paid attention.

3 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Thanks. I got very lucky with these. They were not from a single original owner collection, but they came from a collector of sports memorabilia who was very particular and accumulated them in the late '80s and early '90s when few comic collectors paid attention.

Wow, what good fortune. The collectors from the sports world had slabs before us, so I'm not surprised to hear of one's predilection for high grade examples. Those are great books with awesome colors and so much Maneely and Burgos goodness!  :cloud9:

2 minutes ago, OdinsSecrets said:
37 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

wild3.jpg

This cover has me scratching my head ???

During the '50s it was considered the height of hilarity to wreck your car into a train. All of the comedians were doing it.

1 minute ago, MrBedrock said:

During the '50s it was considered the height of hilarity to wreck your car into a train. All of the comedians were doing it.

Not only that but somehow get a British (?) car with right side steering and also have a train manage to cutoff the side farther from the train while the rest of the car keeps going! :ohnoez: