• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The World's Greatest Superheroes

3 posts in this topic

So, I started reading the Absolute Edition, with Superman: Peace on Earth. I really got bored as %^&* and just skimmed thru most of it after a few pages. I almost decided to move on from the anthology. However, today I broke it back open and read Batman: War on Crime, and I think it's great.

Seeing as it's the same writer - what caused this disparity in content? Is it the writer's take on the characters? Are there other limited series out there with the same writer book-to-book that have similar variations in interest?

Now, obviously, taste between people varies greatly. I can usually go for most Superman and Batman stories and styles of any era, though. Bright Superman, Dark Superman, Campy Batman, Killer Batman, etc. I like 'em all.

I'm gonna read Shazam: Power of Hope later today. I guess we'll see where that lands on the Interesting Scale.

I always think of Paul Dini being associated more with Batman stories, especially animated series.

Not surprising 'War on Crime' seems the better of the two.

Edited by Ken Aldred