• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead beat seller cuteypie82

89 posts in this topic

The responses from the seller are very pathetic, and I do not feel sorry for the seller as he is bringing this upon himself. Nefaria seems justified in my opinion.

Getting the book would be great, but at this point it would merely remind Nefaria of the ordeal, and lose some of the appeal of having that book.

If this were a simple case of being slow, .... but this seems beyond that.

Right, I would be really pissed off if I didn't get my book in 7 weeks, but considering the fact that the seller responded to all of the buyers emails instead of outright ignoring them:

would you still leave a negative feedback if you received the book?

Especially under Nefaria's logic?

Hi Nefaria,

I followed cuteypie82''s auctions in the past and he has been given a free ride way too often. I agree that you should take a stand and neg him for his customer support, even if you receive the book. Feedback can be left for a variety of reasons and your neg would be justified. gossip.gif

Right, I would be really pissed off if I didn't get my book in 7 weeks, but considering the fact that the seller responded to all of the buyers emails instead of outright ignoring them:

Negative feedback should be left when the entire buying/selling process was not on a professional level. Even if Nefaria does receive the book, he has been hassled beyond all reasonable levels and should leave a negative

well, the seller said shipping could take "a while". Can anyone quantify what "a while" means?

I think seven weeks is a stretch, and is not reasonable.

I think Joe_Collector is able to quantify this terminology, although I wouldn't bet on it.

On a personal note I think nefaria should neg his a*s*s. thumbsup2.gif

not trying to get inside of Nefaria's mind... but speaking personally, if I had a negative experience, I would leave a negative. If I were the seller, I'd get the book out the door to shut him up. So----

either he doesn't have the book in his posession, or just loves abuse from buyers...

if you can't provide the product in a reasonable amount of time (for me 3 weeks is the threshold) then don't sell.

Hi Nefaria,

I followed cuteypie82''s auctions in the past and he has been given a free ride way too often. I agree that you should take a stand and neg him for his customer support, even if you receive the book. Feedback can be left for a variety of reasons and your neg would be justified. gossip.gif

I agree with that - leaving a negative for slow shipping would be honest - although I would never do it (why bother with a retaliatory neg)

But Harvey Dude - Nefaria is intending on blatantly lying in his neg - that is not keeping up with the spirit of the feedback system!

I wonder if Nefaria would tell us if the book actually arrived?!

I think it is ridiculous that you are making all these assumptions and absolutely childish of you to berate me on this forum by calling me an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

I will not respond in kind. Do what you want with this cuteypie. I simply gave my opinion as this is an open forum. However, your actions may result in consequences to your account as yet unforseen.

Actually, you said:

If you leave him a negative and receive the book then you are scum like him.

I think that qualifies more as an invective than an opinion . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Does anyone agree with me on any of this?

Quite simply, No. sumo.gif

The seller's a big turd and deserves everything he gets. I understand that he has fleeced some European buyers to the tune of $8,000 and still conducts business on eBay.

Negative feedback should be left when the entire buying/selling process was not on a professional level. Even if Nefaria does receive the book, he has been hassled beyond all reasonable levels and should leave a negative

Well said. I agree. thumbsup2.gif

Hey GoldenAge, I foudn an interesting comment from you when you found yourself in the exact same position:

"I sent him payment for a book and have not heard from him. Payment was not secured (I sent money order). I need to track him down, I have filed police report etc."

So you're filing police reports, as well as outing the seller, but you don't like Nefaria's tactics?

Maybe because you aren't the one getting screwed by Cutiepie82? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

well, the seller said shipping could take "a while". Can anyone quantify what "a while" means?

I think seven weeks is a stretch, and is not reasonable.

I think Joe_Collector is able to quantify this terminology, although I wouldn't bet on it.

On a personal note I think nefaria should neg his a*s*s. thumbsup2.gif

Is 7 weeks WAY MORE than enough time? 27_laughing.gif

You should wonder about something else . . . Nef is a straight-up guy sumo.gif

I'm sure he is and he has a good reason to be upset b/c the shipping has been ridiculous.

Also, I can wonder about whatever I want this is an open forum. sumo.gif

You should wonder about something else . . . Nef is a straight-up guy sumo.gif

I'm sure he is and he has a good reason to be upset b/c the shipping has been ridiculous.

Also, I can wonder about whatever I want this is an open forum. sumo.gif

You MAY . . . but calling someone "scum" is asking for it. . . makepoint.gif

Hey GoldenAge, I foudn an interesting comment from you when you found yourself in the exact same position:

"I sent him payment for a book and have not heard from him. Payment was not secured (I sent money order). I need to track him down, I have filed police report etc."

So you're filing police reports, as well as outing the seller, but you don't like Nefaria's tactics?

Maybe because you aren't the one getting screwed by Cutiepie82? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Come on Joe, the guy you are mentioning screwed me for nearly $2000.00, and did not respond to my emails, gave a fake phone number and address!

Reading Nefaria's posts - this seems like a completely different situation. (By the way - I still didn't leave negative feedback for the guy - but I got my money back!!)

Also, It's not like I don't sympathize with Nefaria - quite the opposite - I am just trying to figure out his logic.

Come on Joe, the guy you are mentioning screwed me for nearly $2000.00, and did not respond to my emails, gave a fake phone number and address!

Reading Nefaria's posts - this seems like a completely different situation. (By the way - I still didn't leave negative feedback for the guy - but I got my money back!!)

Also, It's not like I don't sympathize with Nefaria - quite the opposite - I am just trying to figure out his logic.

Umm, look at it this way. 7 weeks is too long I think for anybody. Credit card law generally allows for 30 days. Also, all the time he/she spent answering Nefaria's e-mails, he/she could have shipped the darn book! makepoint.gif

But Harvey Dude - Nefaria is intending on blatantly lying in his neg - that is not keeping up with the spirit of the feedback system!

I don't advocate lying 893naughty-thumb.gif but I didn't read that in his post that he would lie. I only perused the thread so I may have missed something.

For the newbies here, I remember another forumite providing the below correspondence with Cuteypie82. Cuteypie82 has a big dossier on this forum that goes beyond late shipments. His only positive attribute is his ability to promptly correspond on issues.

Fraud Exchange #2 - Purchased $5,000 worth of key SA books from this person, but luckily was able to cancel the check at the last moment. I should have done more to sink this guy, but since I was new to Ebay I decided to keep it quiet.

(Myself) I will send the check tonight. You should hopefully receive it no later than Thursday. I'll go to the bank on Saturday to make sure I have enough in my checking account. Otherwise, I'll have to transfer some from my savings. Thanks.

(Seller) HI. I picked up your payment today from the post office. Thanks so much! I will ship the books out asap after labor day. Thanks again.

(Myself) Have you been buying comic books off of ebay, taking them out of their CGC binding and selling them off as your own collection? I just looked at the books I purchased and they are the same ones that you purchased under a different name. Most of these books are in terrible condition, and have been restored. I will cancel my check if I don't hear a reply.

(Seller) Hi. No I have absolutely not been buying comic books off eBay and reselling them to you. What gave you that idea? The books sold to you were from a collection that I inhereted -- not bought from eBay under a different name. Out of curiosity why do you believe I have a different name? If you have any concerns please don't hesitate to call me at 410.913.4480. Your tracking number for your package via UPS insured is 1ZA87T00342214010. Thanks again.

(Myself) I have already contacted my bank to cancel the check. As soon as I receive your books I will send them right back to you (unopened). I will also insure them to make sure you don't lose your books. What gave it away was the 5th feedback for Cuteypie82. It said that the books received were in VF/NM condition. I looked up the books bought by that person (davidbr103816600), and they were the same ones you are selling right now. What also gave it away was the number 77 on one of the Tales to Astonish books. It showed up on your scans as well. The Daredevil #1 book I purchased was originally bought or $186 because it was in poor and restored condition. Plus all other books on there (X-Men #1, A.S.M. #1, etc.) were taken out of their CGC binding and made to look like they were from a collection.

I was actually tipped off by another Ebayer (they sent the e-mail anonymously), but they did not give all these details. I checked them myself. What you did is completely illegal. I realize that many times people are not good graders so they send you a fine book versus near mint, but for someone to completely mislead you like this is unheard of.

Tell you what, you get your books back, and I keep my money, and that's the end of story. You can sell them to the second highest bidder if you want, I don't care. However, I cannot speak for the other person that tipped me off. I'm not sure whether they will contact Ebay or not, but they did seem upset. I don't know how they got my e-mail address since the auction was private. (I made this part up).

(Seller) I checked and rechecked these accustaions and I don't see what you are talking about. However, I don't want you to be unhappy so I will fully refund your payment provided that all the books are returned (I don't think that you can cancel the check b/c I have depositd it). Please let me know when you receive the books and if they have been sent back (include tracking # etc.) and I will send you a check for the total. I hope this is agreeable, and I am sorry that we could not come to an understanding.

Hi Nefaria,

I agree with that - leaving a negative for slow shipping would be honest - although I would never do it (why bother with a retaliatory neg)

Where in the Sam H do you get that I'd be lying? Simply providing guidance to future buyers that this seller is untrustworthy, sheeesh Where do you get your LOGIC? screwy.gif