• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2021 at 10:09 AM, Bosco685 said:

Oh I know. You were mocking someone with 42 years of criminal analysis as not being as credible on if Joker got the mental instability theme right I count on it.

:baiting:

Meanwhile, Rotten Tomatoes actually posts some of the Audience Score contributor comments from 'verified audience' contributors. For all the 5 star comments, there are an excessive amount of 1-3 star comments that would drastically throw off the average Audience Score rating.

RT Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker audience comments

RT_SW9_Verifieds.thumb.PNG.e7bf37d4c9a70ce0d2cfbb83b4bafb4d.PNG

And those are verified ticket holders. It goes on and on about how horrible the movie was. You know - 86% positive.

Ok, but if you don't show just the bad user reviews on a page and actually show a random complete RT page ROS audience scores, it generally reads like this one:

1872887903_ROSRTAudience1.thumb.JPG.37b71a69badbe8ae8ff30e919ca0eebe.JPG756859143_ROSRTaudience2.thumb.JPG.c3f64b686cec556bf3660d792455ebce.JPG

The percentage of this page is about 75%. Then if you keep scrolling through the audience score pages, the high scores definitely outweigh the 1 and 2 star user reviews. Without looking at every audience score myself, an 86% isn't out of the question. Now, deliberate manipulation of this score isn't out of the question either. I personally thought ROS was fine. At least it finished the story that JJ Abrams had set up in Force Awakens. That's what I wanted to see, not the deconstructionist out-of-left field story we got in Last Jedi.

On 11/4/2021 at 10:47 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Ok, but if you don't show just the bad user reviews on a page and actually show a random complete RT page ROS audience scores, it generally reads like this one:

Spoiler
Spoiler

1872887903_ROSRTAudience1.thumb.JPG.37b71a69badbe8ae8ff30e919ca0eebe.JPG

Spoiler

756859143_ROSRTaudience2.thumb.JPG.c3f64b686cec556bf3660d792455ebce.JPG

The percentage of this page is about 75%. Then if you keep scrolling through the audience score pages, the high scores definitely outweigh the 1 and 2 star user reviews. Without looking at every audience score myself, an 86% isn't out of the question. Now, deliberate manipulation of this score isn't out of the question either. I personally thought ROS was fine. At least it finished the story that JJ Abrams had set up in Force Awakens. That's what I wanted to see, not the deconstructionist out-of-left field story we got in Last Jedi.

You missed the point where he noted it definitely had 86% positive because people enjoyed it. Not realizing their comments have been posted on RT.

On 11/4/2021 at 10:09 AM, Bosco685 said:

For all the 5 star comments, there are an excessive amount of 1-3 star comments that would drastically throw off the average Audience Score rating.

And I had noted in that same quote you posted for all the 5 star comments - did you miss that?

Edited by Bosco685

On 11/4/2021 at 10:46 AM, Bosco685 said:

You didn't even bother to read what I provided you. Did you?

Leading Neurocriminologist Considers Joker “a Great Educational Tool”

DEPARTMENT OF CRIMINOLOGY - Adrian Raine

He's actually a published author and article contributor over those 42 years.

How close-minded could someone be when the person is an actual recognized expert in his field. Seriously!

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you are the "expert" criminologist. I didn't mean to disrespect you...

Seriously, though, nobody worth their salt is using Joker as an educational tool in criminology.

On 11/4/2021 at 3:51 AM, Xenosmilus said:

I was one of the few people semi excited about this movie but over time I have been slowly losing interest in regards to seeing it. The two main reasons I lost interest were because at first I heard rumors that may be an homages piece to Kirby (which it’s not from what I hear now) and second it seemed to have been sort of politicized which I hope it isn’t. I don’t want to get a lecture like at the end of FATWS. 

I'd say - go see it.
You can't let critics, newsprint or digital, influence or ruin your desire to see a film you're curious about.

It can be difficult when there is a lot of info grinding against your thoughts and feelings about the show you want to experience.

If it sucks, well then - you can at least decide that for yourself.
But enjoy it or dislike it on your own accord!  (:

I'm going to watch this one. Not sure when, but I'll check it out.

On 11/4/2021 at 10:53 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you are the "expert" criminologist. I didn't mean to disrespect you...

Seriously, though, nobody worth their salt is using Joker as an educational tool in criminology.

Don't be silly. If I am noting a criminologist expert made such statements, how am I claiming expertise?

You were the one winging it to dismiss his credibility. Based on what - your opinions and counseling sessions? Come on now. Be better than that.

On 11/4/2021 at 10:53 AM, HighVoltage said:

I'd say - go see it.

I think that, for a lot of people, it will be a matter of accounting. Do they have Disney+? If they're not really invested in The Eternals name (such as myself), then waiting to see it for 'free' seems like the best course of action.

On 11/4/2021 at 10:56 AM, Bosco685 said:

Don't be silly. If I am noting a criminologist expert made such statements, how am I claiming expertise?

You were the one winging it to dismiss his credibility. Based on what - your opinions and counseling sessions? Come on now. Be better than that.

I was making a joke that you are the criminologist that you've quoted.

Believe it or not, I have a lot of people to refer to regarding criminology and have learned a lot from them throughout the years. Citing Joker is just... A joke...

On 11/4/2021 at 10:59 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I was making a joke that you are the criminologist that you've quoted.

Believe it or not, I have a lot of people to refer to regarding criminology and have learned a lot from them throughout the years. Citing Joker is just... A joke...

Murder She Wrote reruns don't count

On 11/4/2021 at 10:53 AM, HighVoltage said:

I'd say - go see it.
You can't let critics, newsprint or digital, influence or ruin your desire to see a film you're curious about.

It can be difficult when there is a lot of info grinding against your thoughts and feelings about the show you want to experience.

If it sucks, well then - you can at least decide that for yourself.
But enjoy it or dislike it on your own accord!  (:

I'm going to watch this one. Not sure when, but I'll check it out.

Agree. We can't let a website named after a putrefying vegetable (or fruit) have dominion over our lives. 

On 11/4/2021 at 11:01 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Agree. We can't let a website named after a putrefying vegetable (or fruit) have dominion over our lives. 

:roflmao:

How times have changed. But I do agree. RT is so 'back then'. Spoiled Oranges is where it is at!

Joker_SO.thumb.PNG.f82c4349f005cbec381fcb477260299b.PNG

On 11/4/2021 at 11:00 AM, Bosco685 said:

Murder She Wrote reruns don't count

The criminologist we're discussing is also British. Ha! The matters of belief that he's spewed about criminality being biological are so:

Farfetch'd | Pokédex

Your essays on RT score manipulation is more compelling than the Englishman's ramblings of an incoherent old man. :D

On 11/4/2021 at 8:57 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think that, for a lot of people, it will be a matter of accounting. Do they have Disney+? If they're not really invested in The Eternals name (such as myself), then waiting to see it for 'free' seems like the best course of action.

Oh, absolutely.

Even as a big comic fan, the Eternals have just never been on my list of 'must-read' stuff.
I'm curious about the movie & I like the idea of the Celestials, but this show won't be first-day viewing for me.

Marvel’s Eternals will not hit cinema screens in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait or Qatar, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The all-star superhero film, which was due for release across the Gulf region on Nov. 11, is understood to have been met with a series of edit requests by the local censors, edits that THR has heard Disney were not willing to make.

They must have assumed of being China.

:whatthe:

On 11/4/2021 at 12:49 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Disney must be taking a stand on the gay relationship in Eternals. Good for them.

Comic book productions as a whole have been doing it for some time.

Did you ever get the chance to see CW Seed's Freedom Fighters: The Ray? Good short series.

On 11/1/2021 at 11:32 PM, kimik said:

I did not mind Dark World. I went into it late in the run with lowered expectations and thought it was your typical MCU movie. (shrug)

It was my favorite of the Thor movies... but I grew up on Lee/Kirby Thor, so the elves, trolls, and goblins resonated with me. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I'm greatly looking forward to this film, yet even I'm now considering just waiting for it to show up on Disney Plus due to the reviews.

But we don't yet know when it release there, do we?  Maybe it's about two months after release like Shang-Chi was, or maybe it isn't--Disney hasn't said as far as I know.  I believe they did announce the Shang-Chi Disney Plus release date prior to that film hitting theaters, but I haven't been able to find that they did that for Eternals.  So maybe it his by Christmas, or maybe in January--or maybe long after that as films traditionally have.  (shrug)