• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2021 at 8:48 PM, TupennyConan said:

I hope you don't support this ridiculous article. Put an end to the movie franchise that's made our hobby the king of the pop culture mountain? Why not just end all comic books and Star Wars and Star Trek, too? How about we end candy while we're at it? Please end that writer's career before it's too late. Of course, I kind of wouldn't expect anything less from the New York Post. It's more tabloid than newspaper.

On 11/4/2021 at 9:13 PM, Finhead said:

They've already run those into the ground, nothing left to end. lol

Okay, so cancel Mandalorian, Boba Fett, Bad Batch, Obi Wan Kenobi on Disney+? That ridiculous writer with a position of influence suggests abruptly ending something that brings a lot of joy to a lot of people's lives. But in a way, you're right. End the MCU and there's nothing left but the old days of a good comic book movie every five years or so.

On 11/4/2021 at 9:00 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

I hope you don't support this ridiculous article. Put an end to the movie franchise that's made our hobby the king of the pop culture mountain? Why not just end all comic books and Star Wars and Star Trek, too? How about we end candy while we're at it? Please end that writer's career before it's too late. Of course, I kind of wouldn't expect anything less from the New York Post. It's more tabloid than newspaper.

U mad, bro?

You’re more defensive of this - a film you *haven’t even seen,* than Bosco was of that flaming dumpster pile called BvS.

On 11/4/2021 at 7:38 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Another prediction: All the RT chatter in the news gave Eternals more marketing and exposure than it would have had otherwise. This, the built-in MCU fanbase audience, and over a year of anticipation gives Eternals a $90+ million opening weekend in North America. 

Umm… methinks you vastly overestimate the power of Rotten Tomatoes.

if the bulk of these reviews are true, actual word of mouth will kill this thing in the first few weeks.

The Friday to Sunday drop may be very telling.

Just saw it and my first reaction... 2.5/5. I liked it better then BW (I hated BW LOL).  I don't think this is required viewing and rewatchabiliy is low for my taste.

As for the Post Credit Scene....

Spoiler

I was very happy with it!!! That being said I am biased because I have an Avengers #47 CGC 9.8 ^^

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 11/4/2021 at 11:03 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

I’m mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take it anymore.

What makes you so mad about a movie? In the grand scheme of things, they are not important.  I like they can add joy to my life.  I like that they entertain me and provide a topic of conversation.  It is a diversion, but non of this bantering or back and forth makes me angry.  It's fun. I like debating and the back and forth.

Part of the reason many of us here keep coming at you is not just we disagree, but because you give such over the top responses, and you never back down. Perhaps it is juvenile and shallow, but you give us such an easy target. So we keep coming at you. But the final part is you are so rigid in your opinions. You never change or rethink anything, even when it should be clear you have painted yourself into the proverbial corner. When you do this, you resort to name calling and labeling others without any proof.  That is not productive or needed.

I will fully admit.  I have said some stupid things on forums.  Things I regret saying, and wish could be erased. I have also changed some of my oppinions, and hopefully people have accepted my apologies when given.  Sometimes, when you debate you lose, and I have lost at times. But, I keep coming back because it is fun.

So please, keep expressing your opinions, and we I'll keep coming back at you.  You do not have to take it so personal.

Edited by drotto

Let me first say I love going to the movies :shy: I was actually dreading this movie, I usually don't look at what the critics say but this time I did :facepalm: so I thought this was going to be hot garbage but I can say that we enjoyed it. (thumbsu

It's a comic book movie, and just like a comic book I like to have a good story with some nice action and that's what you get. 2c

On 11/5/2021 at 1:40 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

When you say fine print, it’s as if you felt ripped off you couldn’t get Black Widow for free on Disney+ on the premiere date. We were in a global deadly pandemic so Disney offered a watch-at-home premium option for a couple major theatrical movies like Black Widow or Jungle Cruise. Exceptional circumstances. That’s done now and it looks like the world is back to theater exclusive movies again.

Exactly. A global pandemic. Hard times for many. During these hard times it would have been classy if a billion dollar company would have “rewarded” (and I use that term very loosely) its subscribers by adding its new movies when they had it available. You know like Netflix, HBOMAX, Amazon and pretty much every other streaming service with exclusives. I didn’t want Black Widow for free as you wrote. I’m paying for a Disney+ subscription. HBO could have said, you’re going to pay extra for Dune and all the other big movies but they didn’t. Their subscribers are already paying for their service. Yes, Disney can do whatever they want and no one really expected them to do anything other than watch their bottom line. They charged their premiere access fee for 5 films so far and it may continue. Tough times for many but who cares? Disney is in the business of making money. At least there are alternatives. The fact that you support the way they handled their exclusives is mind boggling. 

Edited by Oddball

Serious question, is there anyone else here that supports Disney+ charging their subscribers an additional $30 to view their new release exclusives when HBO, Netflix, Amazon, Apple, Peacock+ etc. release their’s on the same day as theaters at no extra charge? 

C2382FFF-CD4F-4F7B-872A-6E93D323A63A.gif

On 11/4/2021 at 9:00 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

It's not looking good & I'm not happy about it.

On 11/4/2021 at 10:40 PM, Gatsby77 said:

You’re more defensive of this - a film you *haven’t even seen,* than Bosco was of that flaming dumpster pile called BvS.

You were there to protect us all.

8de48545-9fce-4516-bad6-d2a563f24fa9_text.gif.13aaca14507d4da25d1cb04e8f5690d2.gif

You mad bro?

:baiting:

On 11/5/2021 at 2:22 AM, Oddball said:

Serious question, is there anyone else here that supports Disney+ charging their subscribers an additional $30 to view their new release exclusives when HBO, Netflix, Amazon, Apple, Peacock+ etc. release their’s on the same day as theaters at no extra charge? 

C2382FFF-CD4F-4F7B-872A-6E93D323A63A.gif

@Gatsby77 was complaining at one point why HBO Max wasn't doing the same. 

(: