• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

Friday Midday: Disney’s Eternals is heading toward a $30M Friday, including those $9.5M previews from last night. Given that Friday is typically around 40% of the weekend, this will put the Chloe Zhao directed movie in the $70M-$75M range from what we’ve figured. Again, all this could fluctuate up or down by Saturday AM.

2c unless this is a typical Deadline lowball, will only get past BW in US due to absolutely zero competition in November

Edited by paperheart

On 11/5/2021 at 8:26 AM, Bosco685 said:

No. Is this the gatekeeper thing where people quote review sites only when it works for them (positive or negative)?

:148480718_drumrollemoji:

meh

On 11/5/2021 at 9:45 AM, Bosco685 said:

Not to pick on you ever @piper but what gets extremely tiring here is when a few make it a regular event to pick apart all other studios so as to proclaim Disney and Marvel Studios rules.

Especially utilizing Rotten Tomatoes and box office results that at times don't always tell the full story. Like in the case of WarnerMedia making the determination to purposely go with a hybrid schedule, and writing off the losses in advance. So a movie like The Suicide Squad comes out that even the studio recognized it was going to heavily depend on the streaming results to gauge success and less on box office results. But that didn't hold some back on here from trashing the film repeatedly even though some had not even watched the film.

Did you stop to ask them if they had seen the non-MCU movie?

I generally watch most of them regardless of the studio producing the film.  I admit that I didn't make it out to Venom 2, but will eventually see it.

My observation is that the hate (dare I say venom?) is just as bad amongst the folks slinging mud at Disney, as it as those slinging mud at Warner, Sony, et al.

Everyone needs to stop with the diatribe and get the threads back to talking about the film in question. 2c

PS: I'm going to see Eternals this weekend.

PPS: Dune was very good, bordering on excellent even if I hated the Hans Zimmer soundtrack.

On 11/5/2021 at 5:49 PM, piper said:

I generally watch most of them regardless of the studio producing the film.  I admit that I didn't make it out to Venom 2, but will eventually see it.

My observation is that the hate (dare I say venom?) is just as bad amongst the folks slinging mud at Disney, as it as those slinging mud at Warner, Sony, et al.

Everyone needs to stop with the diatribe and get the threads back to talking about the film in question. 2c

PPS: Dune was very good, bordering on excellent even if I hated the Hans Zimmer soundtrack.

Maybe that should be the stance on many of these threads versus only taking this stance in certain threads. Then at least it would set a standard for us all to live by.

:tink:

On 11/5/2021 at 5:38 PM, valiantman said:

Are studios supposed to cater to people who illegally watch their movies? hm

I was going to say, did he really just come in here and complain that he was bored by a movie he pirated? 

On 11/5/2021 at 4:49 PM, piper said:

(thumbsu Dune was the best sci fi movie I've seen in awhile 

Edited by Azkaban