• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

amazing!

i'm having trouble finishing my ASM 100 - 150 run lol

question, is there an end in site? do you ever plan to stop buying the moderns up to date?

or do you plan to keep it going?

Ian, we've never spoken but I have come to know you through the boards. You are a pretty creative fellow which allows you to appreciate the creation of others. That is a very impressive feat you've accomplished.. if you don't mind a few questions.

1) has anyone else ever done this?

2) have you read all the stories?

3) do you have plans for the collection when the time comes to part with it?

Roy.

do you ever plan to stop buying the moderns up to date?

I seriously hope not.

Justice Society Of America, House Of Mystery, The War That Time Forgot.

Great stuff.

(thumbs u

Both seller and buyer seemed happy

I'm sure the buyer was happy.

I certainly would be at that price.

My friend Jerome will be gutted when he finds out he missed one for less than four hundred bucks.

why don't you track down the seller buyer with the search function? if jerome offers the buyer double maybe jerome gets his book.

Ian, I'm not sure this has been asked but how to deal with all those comics? I mean do you have some form of Comic room or even a museum to display some of the books?

WOW! :cloud9:

That looks like a very simple and effective way of storing all those books. Thanks for sharing that.

So how do people outside of the comic world react to you and your collection? I mean people usualy label us comic collectors as geeks or nerdy, but we're talking about a major investment and a lot of history.

One last thing and this may have been dicussed as well: I remember years ago you running an ad in OS? for a DC book. I got to think about this and was wondering, what was the hardest book(s) to find?

Thanks,

Ray

I only thought there were two Amethyst variants, I got one and won the other on e-Bay but it never arrived and they stiffed the guy who bought it for me. I don't consider them essential but wanted them anyway.

Then you don't have every DC sold. What else don't you deem essential?

Don't get me wrong, you have an impressive collection but you either do or don't have every DC sold. Not a "I do except for those I deem unessential"... (shrug)

Jim

One last thing and this may have been dicussed as well: I remember years ago you running an ad in OS? for a DC book. I got to think about this and was wondering, what was the hardest book(s) to find?

Thanks,

Ray

Here is the actual ad I circulated back in 2004 when I got down to my last 14 comics I needed.

63139.jpg.de24e8e6f063c23f64a4a20c202f1b9e.jpg

Don't get me wrong, you have an impressive collection but you either do or don't have every DC sold. Not a "I do except for those I deem unessential"...

Jim

I don't know how to answer this without being violently rude.

35c variants might be nice to have but they're still the same comics.

Posts like this are why I quit these boards for three years.

Don't get me wrong, you have an impressive collection but you either do or don't have every DC sold. Not a "I do except for those I deem unessential"...

Jim

I don't know how to answer this without being violently rude.

35c variants might be nice to have but they're still the same comics.

Posts like this are why I quit these boards for three years.

I'm not trying to be argumentative Ian. Just trying to get a sense on what you deem essential for a complete collection.

Also...do you know anything about this?

phantomstranger35front.jpg

Jim

Jim

It looks like a misprint to me. I have seen many over the years. One Green Lantern had the number missing for example.

It's not a misprint. The issue has no interior ads and a back cover advertising Classic Illustrateds...

Jim

Jim

It looks like a misprint to me. I have seen many over the years. One Green Lantern had the number missing for example.

It's not a misprint. The issue has no interior ads and a back cover advertising Classic Illustrateds...

Jim

I thought those were some sort of Canadian versions.

Jim

Jim

The concensus seemed to suggest Filipino...

Jim

Jim

Jim

The concensus seemed to suggest Filipino...

Jim

That is from the Philipenes. I have an Avengers 148 that is the same. I believe they were reprinted and published by the "National Book Store"