• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

The concensus seemed to suggest Filipino...

Jim

Although I have several thousand foreign DCs from all over the world, I just pick them up when I can.

I don't think anyone would expect me to collect them all.

I just keep them as examples, but I do have an awful lot of Australian ones.

Jim

Although I have several thousand foreign DCs from all over the world, I just pick them up when I can.

If collecting only the US copies wasn't enough, I'd expect collecting every foreign reprint a nightmare if not impossible...

Jim

Jim

If collecting only the US copies wasn't enough, I'd expect collecting every foreign reprint a nightmare if not impossible...

Jim

No kidding, are there any records remianing that would outlining what was even reprinted? My guess is probably not.

do you ever plan to stop buying the moderns up to date?

I seriously hope not.

Justice Society Of America, House Of Mystery, The War That Time Forgot.

Great stuff.

I would add Action and Green Lantern to that list.

DC RULES>

:baiting:at least on this post.

Jim

I just keep them as examples, but I do have an awful lot of Australian ones.

Hey Ian.

Did you get a PM from me regarding some Australian DC reprints. (shrug)

Russ...

Edited by AussieRuss

Hey Ian.

Did you get a PM from me regarding some Australian DC reprints.

Russ...

Not lately.

And I have so many now, they'd have to be cheap, especially as they're not in order so I have no idea what I have.

Jim

Jim

For some insight to the difficulty of collecting foreign editions. Find a Classics Illustrated Collector who has sought foreign editions.

A friend of mine was one such animal, and the data base and contact list he had made in this pursuit was overwhelming.

And all of that was pre-internet.

My hat was off to him.

This is a cool thread... very informative, even for a "mainly" Marvel Zombie.

Stick around Ian and spread the wealth of information.

Here's the Wanted poster from 2005 when I got down to my last comic plus a few promos and upgrades.

63283.jpg.c97aaefa37458ba29e2a4a8ec4bd17a7.jpg

This is a cool thread... very informative, even for a "mainly" Marvel Zombie.

Stick around Ian and spread the wealth of information.

Here's the Wanted poster from 2005 when I got down to my last comic plus a few promos and upgrades.

cool ad, I never saw that one (thumbs u

I'm sure this has been answered on these boards before, but how many copies of Adventure 26 are actually known to exist? I saw RareHighGrade's copy in the Golden Age Forums. Ian has a copy. Does Geppi have a copy? Are there any more that exist?

Ian, welcome back to the boards. I wasn't around while you were completing your quest, so I have some questions if you're up to it.

What were the hardest newstand Atom Age books to find?

Silver Age?

How did it feel when you took possession of that last New Adventure? I'm a birder, and there's a famous story in birding circles of a man who spent a lifetime trying to see the rare Connecticut warbler, which constantly eluded him no matter how hard he tried to track it down. When he finally found one, he described the experience as the saddest day of his life. The quest that had defined his life for so long was suddenly gone. Did you feel something like that? Or did you just jump up and down in giddy celebration?

More knowledgeable boardies can correct me, but I believe we've identified at least 5:

1. RHG's (the MH copy)

2. Ian's (found by FFB)

3. Christine's

4. copy sold on Heritage in Sep 2006 for $5337 (I don't know why, but I want to call it the Simon Powell copy even though it's not listed as such in the Heritage description, can anyone jog my memory why I'm making that association, or am I just in the early stages of Alzheimers?)

5. the DTA copy

More knowledgeable boardies can correct me, but I believe we've identified at least 5:

1. RHG's (the MH copy)

2. Ian's (found by FFB)

3. Christine's

4. copy sold on Heritage in Sep 2006 for $5337 (I don't know why, but I want to call it the Simon Powell copy even though it's not listed as such in the Heritage description, can anyone jog my memory why I'm making that association, or am I just in the early stages of Alzheimers?)

5. the DTA copy

you can make it 6, as I know of a restored copy not mentioned above :whistle:

1. RHG's (the MH copy)

2. Ian's (found by FFB)

3. Christine's

5. the DTA copy

you can make it 6, as I know of a restored copy not mentioned above :whistle:

Wow, it's becoming as common as Spawn #1! lol

1. RHG's (the MH copy)

2. Ian's (found by FFB)

3. Christine's

5. the DTA copy

That was the Simon Powell copy. It was on Ritter's site for about 10 minutes when the sale came up, and then it went right down. I hesitated and it was gone. Sadness. :sorry:

Don't get me wrong, you have an impressive collection but you either do or don't have every DC sold. Not a "I do except for those I deem unessential"...

Jim

35c variants might be nice to have but they're still the same comics..

:applause: (thumbs u If the interiors are the same, variants are irrelevant for the Complete DC quest.

Hey Ian.

Did you get a PM from me regarding some Australian DC reprints.

Russ...

Not lately.

And I have so many now, they'd have to be cheap, especially as they're not in order so I have no idea what I have.

Thats funny.

I actually want to buy some Australian Blackhawk books from you.

So if they need to be cheap because you have so many I am not complaining.

Russ... :headbang:

Edited by AussieRuss

If the interiors are the same, variants are irrelevant for the Complete DC quest.

That's how I view it, but I buy them anyway without considering them essential.

The current 1 in 10 and 1 in 25 variant covers are a real pain and exhibit nothing more than greed. I buy them and hate myself for doing so.

you can make it 6, as I know of a restored copy not mentioned above

There's supposed to be one in Japan.

But I know of eleven copies of Double Action 2.

Lets just admit they're both very rare.