• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

Ian, what was the grade before and the grade after restoration on that Tec 27?

I say, if you are keeping them forever and not planning on reselling, then the comic is yours to restore or not, no matter others opinions.

It's now an 8.0.

The pages inside are perfect and almost white.

But the cover looked like a rag but now looks perfect and pristine. Matt Nelson did it.

I would never have been happy with it looking the way it did, with rips and dirt on the cover.

Hey Ian...how much of your collection would you trade for all the missing episodes?

I say, if you are keeping them forever and not planning on reselling, then the comic is yours to restore or not, no matter others opinions.

It's now an 8.0.

But the cover looked like a rag but now looks perfect and pristine. Matt Nelson did it.

I would never have been happy with it looking the way it did, with rips and dirt on the cover.

Hey Ian...how much of your collection would you trade for all the missing episodes?

Hey Ian, how many more posts by this guy before you catch on to his sarcasm.

lol

So is anyone else attempting this monumental task other than the people already trying?

As a side note:

Does anyone know the relative numbers of total comics for each Age?

I.E. How many distinct GA books are there? How many SA books? How many Bronze?

In order to get to that, there first would have to be agreement on the actual date/book which ushered in each successive period.

And I suspect there is probably already a thread or two arguing the finer point of why this book or that book was the actual beginnning of each respective age.

:wishluck:

I realize that the defining line between ages is of considerable debate.

Maybe it would be easier to do it this way... How many 10 cent books are there? How many published 12 cent books. 15 cent books. 20 cent books, etc.

I am not sure how complete it actually is. I have not fact checked it, but wikipedia actually has pretty good lists to follow.

Also I think there is a website that you can pick or type in the year and month and it shows the books out that month.

Hopefully someone who has that link will post it.

It's now an 8.0.

Hey Ian, how many more posts by this guy before you catch on to his sarcasm.

lol

(tsk) No sarcasm d...I'm a big fan of the Doctor, visit Ian's Doctor Who Forum and appreciate what he's accomplished.

nah, we would have hooked you up

newadventurecomics13.jpg

Wow.

Speechless.

What a beautiful copy.

How much did it go for ??

My number two (New Comics 2) was from the Lost Valley collection and was originally slabbed as such.

What a question.

Firstly we know the remaining 108 are lost forever.

Secondly, if they did turn up, I am only interetsed in having a copy. I have no interest in having the original source.

If they did exist, which they don't, a lot of money could collectively be raised to acquire them, as for most Doctor Who fans, those 108 are the holy grail.

But all sources have been exhausted now.

So I'll keep my comics.

What a question.

Firstly we know the remaining 108 are lost forever.

Secondly, if they did turn up, I am only interetsed in having a copy. I have no interest in having the original source.

If they did exist, which they don't, a lot of money could collectively be raised to acquire them, as for most Doctor Who fans, those 108 are the holy grail.

But all sources have been exhausted now.

So I'll keep my comics.

That's what I'd do...but I'd sure love to see those episodes. :cloud9:

That's what I'd do...but I'd sure love to see those episodes.

With the standard of the recons that exist now, we can all but see them anyway.

Doctor Who was incredibly fortunate that although 108 episodes are missing, all 108 soundtracks exist. Plus enough photo material to piece the episodes back together almost.

nah, we would have hooked you up

newadventurecomics13.jpg

Wow.

Speechless.

What a beautiful copy.

How much did it go for ??

My number two (New Comics 2) was from the Lost Valley collection and was originally slabbed as such.

PM sent (thumbs u

Unless someone out there has tons and tons of cash, I do not think a feat like this would be possible in today's market. Ian started collecting a while ago. GA prices are so high now, it would take the GDP of a small country for someone to reproduce this. Pile on all of the promos etc on top of that and wow. This is a one time thing. It makes this even more special.

Ian started collecting a while ago. GA prices are so high now, it would take the GDP of a small country for someone to reproduce this. Pile on all of the promos etc on top of that and wow. This is a one time thing. It makes this even more special.

Please remember I had over half the collection by 1985. Well over fifteen thousand, and the Golden Age I had, particularly the All Stars which I collected in the 1970s, were bought at a mere fraction of today's prices.

Ian started collecting a while ago. GA prices are so high now, it would take the GDP of a small country for someone to reproduce this. Pile on all of the promos etc on top of that and wow. This is a one time thing. It makes this even more special.

Please remember I had over half the collection by 1985. Well over fifteen thousand, and the Golden Age I had, particularly the All Stars which I collected in the 1970s, were bought at a mere fraction of today's prices.

longevity in the market is a real plus!

If I had ten million dollars of disposable income I would make Ian an offer on his collection.

I bet he could get more actually.

People have bought a whole lot less for a whole lot more.

For ten million dollars I would sell it without hesitation, as long as the promos were excluded, take the next five years off, and start from scratch and see how complete it was after five years.

I bet I could get within thirty comics of where it is now.

Maybe even twenty.

So yes, I guess everything has its price.

I would cry for weeks but like I said, everything has its price.

if grade and condition were not a consideration, and "if" you could even find them all, what do you think you could realistically put the collection together for...

my guess is 2-3million

if grade and condition were not a consideration, and "if" you could even find them all, what do you think you could realistically put the collection together for...

my guess is 2-3million

Say you changed your grading standard to maybe 6.0 or better? If it was even possible to find all the books at 6.0 or higher, that amount would easily double, if not triple.

my guess is 2-3million

No.

I may have a lot of restored books but I upgraded most everything that I was dissatisfied with.

Some of these comics are too rare. It would cost more than that, especially factoring in shipping and packaging.

You scoff about new books, but you try and find a complete set of all 30 issues of Beautiful Stories For Ugly Children, plus the two previews, the incredibly rare Trade Paperback and the even rarer Cotton Candy Autopsy one-shot. Go on - I challenge you. Even some moderns are rarer than some Golden Age.

You could spend ten hours a day on e-Bay for three years and not come close for that price.

Plus some comics are not available for any price..

At 10 million dollars, thats about 286 dollars for each comic (at 35,000 comics). Tec 27 for $286? I'll take it. $286 for a Countdown #43? No thanks lol

The sum of the whole is greater than its individual parts.

Ian, if you don't mind me asking, what was the greatest amount over guide (in multiples) you paid for any one particular book? Was it the 3x guide for the New Adventure 26 that was noted in the full page ad you took out?