• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

what an amazing thread. when i first came here, this thread was around, but ian had been gone for awhile. now i see he's back to posting. i've seen one picture of your collection (probably earlier in this thread), and would love to see others. please keep telling stories. this might sound a bit strange, but i'd love to someday add an ian levine signature to my comic collection.

I have boxes full of comics that were genuinely part of my collection which I then upgraded. And put the prior copy in a box. In some cases they're the copy I had since I was ten. I have my original Justice League 7 which I upgraded for a nice copy, but the original looks like a rag in comparison. Eight year old boys don't know how to look after their comics properly.

what an amazing thread. when i first came here, this thread was around, but ian had been gone for awhile. now i see he's back to posting. i've seen one picture of your collection (probably earlier in this thread), and would love to see others. please keep telling stories. this might sound a bit strange, but i'd love to someday add an ian levine signature to my comic collection.

I have boxes full of comics that were genuinely part of my collection which I then upgraded. And put the prior copy in a box. In some cases they're the copy I had since I was ten. I have my original Justice League 7 which I upgraded for a nice copy, but the original looks like a rag in comparison. Eight year old boys don't know how to look after their comics properly.

And what a sorry state the world would be in if they did.

Ian,

Do you ever see yourself allowing your collection (less some of the modern stuff for space savings) to be displayed in museum fashion at an appropriate venue? Let's say some major city's museum would pay all costs associated with making it happen including security (and insurance on the rare stuff in excess of 10X your estimated value of them to assure no theft)... would you do it?

I imagine that it could be a 1-3 month exhibit with people traveling from all ends of the world to see it. Have you ever been approached?

Do you ever see yourself allowing your collection (less some of the modern stuff for space savings) to be displayed in museum fashion at an appropriate venue? Let's say some major city's museum would pay all costs associated with making it happen including security (and insurance on the rare stuff in excess of 10X your estimated value of them to assure no theft)... would you do it?

I imagine that it could be a 1-3 month exhibit with people traveling from all ends of the world to see it. Have you ever been approached?

No, I don't think so.

what are your concerns? Privacy? Security?

When it comes to my comics, I'm a neatness freak, and every single one is in meticulous order, all the runs are in Bill Cole Arklights, and all positioned perfectly symmetrical.

The thought of risking moving them and having to check off every single item and putting them back into order when they look so pristine and beautiful the way they are right now, just brings me out in hives at the mere thought.

So.... NO !!!!!!!

When it comes to my comics, I'm a neatness freak, and every single one is in meticulous order, all the runs are in Bill Cole Arklights, and all positioned perfectly symmetrical.

The thought of risking moving them and having to check off every single item and putting them back into order when they look so pristine and beautiful the way they are right now, just brings me out in hives at the mere thought.

So.... NO !!!!!!!

lol We're all a little OCD. I can understand completely.

So.... NO !!!!!!!

lol We're all a little OCD. I can understand completely.

It, ...it ,,,, it's like you read my mind....

.....we're waiting JK

Well it might be rare, but if the price is silly, then at least now I know it exists so I can keep on looking.

There can't be a ton of collectors queueing up for it, not if those two copies of "It's Gametime", which are fifty years old and SERIOUSLY RARE, have remained unsold.

It's very cool when someone on the boards can find a book that Ian is looking for.

Don't worry, Ian. Jeff is one of the best guys on the boards. He won't screw you.

.....we're waiting JK

Well it might be rare, but if the price is silly, then at least now I know it exists so I can keep on looking.

There can't be a ton of collectors queueing up for it, not if those two copies of "It's Gametime", which are fifty years old and SERIOUSLY RARE, have remained unsold.

It's very cool when someone on the boards can find a book that Ian is looking for.

Don't worry, Ian. Jeff is one of the best guys on the boards. He won't screw you.

It is very cool, and who thought it possible....but something about the book tells me it wasn't a big seller in its day lol

But admittedly the chances of this thread and someone having a book not in the collection...it's like a minor lottery win!

Incidentally, this thread is easily the most enjoyable thread going at the moment.

Thanks Ian (thumbs u

It is very cool, and who thought it possible....but something about the book tells me it wasn't a big seller in its day

Considering that it was a FREE promotional giveaway to promote the Cartoon Network kids channel, then no, I don't suppose it was a big seller in its day.

TCGCBCPAD#0001[/b]

What does this custom title mean?

I have no idea. What's this about ??

It's a badge RedHook did for him when he busted some scammer, either here or on eBay, I don't remember. Arch turned the badge number into an acronym

It's a badge RedHook did for him when he busted some scammer, either here or on eBay, I don't remember. Arch turned the badge number into an acronym

But what's that got to do with DC ???

not a thing

TCGCBCPAD#0001[/b]

What does this custom title mean?

I have no idea. What's this about ??

Wasn`t it for winning the boards` first poll as the best grader?