• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

Does Ian even post here anymore?

He only posts in threads about him or started by him.

What's his handle, Narcissus? :/

It might as well be.

I commend Ian on what was undoubtedly an unbelievable achievement.

However, the manner in which he completed it and the way in which he treated these boards and the people who posted here...he made Cap look like Mother Theresa. doh!

I love how this thread will never, ever die.

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in THE WHEELS ARE IN MOTION AGAIN!!!

92038.jpg.5ade2470800c73f911c5eadcc118d7af.jpg

I'm the guy who found that Buzzy #70 for Ian. Shield and I gave it to him. I think one other issue came to light from the same source soon after that. Not sure that I have seen any since.

Anyway we were glad to help Ian out on that one as he was looking FOREVER for it.

Scott

I love how this thread will never, ever die.

:bump:lol

lol

Someone post a pic of that Delorean in the junk yard!

We don't need wheels............ :insane:

Classic stuff.

Does Ian even post here anymore?

He only posts in threads about him or started by him.

What's his handle, Narcissus? :/

It might as well be.

However, the manner in which he completed it and the way in which he treated these boards and the people who posted here...he made Cap look like Mother Theresa. doh!

Cap. :applause:

However, the manner in which he completed it and the way in which he treated these boards and the people who posted here...he made Cap look like Mother Theresa.

That's disgusting and unfair.

I had so much trolling on these boards, I simply didn't wish to be subjected to such persecution.

For every nice poster who meant well, there were ten trolls, back five years ago.

Rather than get embroiled, I just cleared out.

Well ... if your goal is to truly own every DC comic ever to appear on a newstand, arguably you haven't met that goal with the Double Action that's on Comic Connect.

I don't get this.

My beautiful copy is here safe and sound and was just photographed by DC for the Taaschen book in November,

Ian and Arnold Blumberg used to go at it regarding "fixing" Overstreet:

And now we go at it on Gallifrey Base.

Interesting how I've been answering questions from nice people on the other DC Completionist thread, and quite enjoying it, but yet when this albatross of a thread resurfaces, it brings all the unpleasant Usual Suspects back into the daylight.

However, the manner in which he completed it and the way in which he treated these boards and the people who posted here...he made Cap look like Mother Theresa.

That's disgusting and unfair.

I had so much trolling on these boards, I simply didn't wish to be subjected to such persecution.

For every nice poster who meant well, there were ten trolls, back five years ago.

You clearly are utterly blind to your own conduct. meh

You were trolled in the main because you treated people like sh!te and you treated the resources of this board like sh!te.

You could have been an immense contributor to these boards, but instead everything you did or said was focused solely on yourself and your quest. You took a lot but gave little in return.

As I said, I commend your achievement...but not your conduct.

For every nice poster who meant well,

people that complimented you, and said that you rock
there were ten trolls, back five years ago.
I'm aware of 3 people that lost their patience with you, yes.

You could have posted in numerous threads in numerous forums. You had great potential.

But it didn't happen. This is my assessment of what happened, but will probably be labeled a troll.

I suppose I could start threads with DC complete in the phraseology but you'd see right through that.

To prove I'm not a troll, welcome back.

You were trolled in the main because you treated people like sh!te and you treated the resources of this board like sh!te.

You could have been an immense contributor to these boards, but instead everything you did or said was focused solely on yourself and your quest. You took a lot but gave little in return.

And you see, this is exactly why I kept away for five years.

I am somewhat new here and don't know the whole story of what you did or did not do, but you have to have thick skin on here. Especially if you are going to take on as big of a task as you did.

Because you behaved like an arse first time around? (shrug)

I am somewhat new here and don't know the whole story of what you did or did not do, but you have to have thick skin on here. Especially if you are going to take on as big of a task as you did.

I'm sorry but I don't see why one should result in the other.

I've just spent months helping DC without even charging them, just to help with their history.

I don't need to come on here to be bullied.

Certainly not all over again, for sure.

I'm sorry but I don't see why one should result in the other.

I've just spent months helping DC without even charging them, just to help with their history.

I don't need to come on here to be bullied.

Certainly not all over again, for sure.

I'm not sure what happened.

I'm also not sure why people can't let things go and move on. Was anything you did 5 years ago so egregious as to still be bickering about it? I suppose that question is open to anybody. However, sort of defeats my point of moving on.

Wonderful accomplishment. I personally think water under the bridge should be just that after 5 freaking years. But I wasn't here so what do I know.

Edited by hockey&comicsguy