• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

Ian,

You started with a JLA run. At what point did you decide to go for them all? Your Action 2 is in a slab. Are many of your books in a slab? Is there a modern that you are in love with or that gave you trouble finding? Are you favorites Action 1, Tec 27, Bats 1 or the something obscure?

Ian,

You started with a JLA run. At what point did you decide to go for them all? Your Action 2 is in a slab. Are many of your books in a slab?

I took Action 2 out of the slab when I bought it, in 2003.

The only one comic I have kept in a slab is "What Do You Know About This Comic's seal Of Approval", and that was because it was the only one in history ever slabbed.

I hate slabs.

Why do you look so sad? :(

Because he's finished.

The chase does make thing more interesting.

:cloud9:

"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer." ;)

Why do you look so sad? :(

Because he's finished.

The chase does make thing more interesting.

:cloud9:

"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer." ;)

That's from DIE HARD, right? :)

what I will always get a kick out of is the way there are comics most wouldn't know to pick out of a 25c box next to the GA greats. Only a true completist could have a Happy Tooth and an Action 1 in the same group shot!

The "Happy Tooth" book is an incredibly difficult book to find. I am still

looking and have been for at least 8 years.

Oh I don't doubt it for one minute! I'm sure there are many incredibly tough oddball books. Just not the typical book you would see in a group shot with Action 1-10 !

The "Happy Tooth" book is an incredibly difficult book to find. I am still

looking and have been for at least 8 years.

The rarity of Happy Tooth, Twisted Metal, Take No Prisoners, The Aquateers Meet The Super Friends, Supergear, Lightning Racers, the set of five Flash Force 2000, and the Superman Bradman Custom Comic, all made for private or promotional purposes, is staggering beyond belief, and much much rarer than some of the Golden Age classics.

Twisted Metal in particular has become an urban myth. I could sell a copy tomorrow for $1500.

Oh I don't doubt it for one minute! I'm sure there are many incredibly tough oddball books. Just not the typical book you would see in a group shot with Action 1-10 !

That photo, taken in 2005 when I completed the collection, pictures both the most valuable DCs and the rarest and scarcest DCs.

Of course a Happy Tooth dentist promotional comic looks odd on the same photo as Action 1, but if you have enough money to spare, you can fairly easily buy an Action 1 or a Detective 27, if you were as rich as Simon Cowell and didn't care what you spent, someone would sell you one tomorrow.

But you try and find a Happy Tooth, A Superman/Bradman, or a Twisted Metal for ANY price.

Or a Buzzy 70.

That photo, taken in 2005 when I completed the collection, pictures both the most valuable DCs and the rarest and scarcest DCs.

Of course a Happy Tooth dentist promotional comic looks odd on the same photo as Action 1, but if you have enough money to spare, you can fairly easily buy an Action 1 or a Detective 27, if you were as rich as Simon Cowell and didn't care what you spent, someone would sell you one tomorrow.

But you try and find a Happy Tooth, A Superman/Bradman, or a Twisted Metal for ANY price.

Or a Buzzy 70.

Hey Ian I just located another Buzzy 70 recently. That is only the third copy I'm aware of since I spotted the one you have

Or a Buzzy 70.

a superman/bradman just sold on ebay a couple of weeks ago with a decent BIN...

I got a Buzzy 70 at mega con this year...$15 but I will admit I flipped it for a nice profit based purely on Ian's struggle at finding one :headbang:

Or a Buzzy 70.

Hey Ian I just located another Buzzy 70 recently. That is only the third copy I'm aware of since I spotted the one you have

did you buy it from me at mega con (shrug)

Or a Buzzy 70.

No Rick...I got it off of the Bay within the past month...so that brings the count to four that I'm aware of (thumbs u

Or a Buzzy 70.

No Rick...I got it off of the Bay within the past month...so that brings the count to four that I'm aware of (thumbs u

they are out there, if you get lucky I guess (thumbs u

I understand your POV entirely, but its a POV as rare a Happy Tooth, which is why I enjoy the picture !

I still maintain that anyone interested in DC Comics would be fascinated by something like Happy Tooth.