• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

I certainly think it would be more difficult for another person to attempt Ian's task.

But with 10 million to spend in cash, it would certainly be a possible task.

I personlly think the most challenging titles don't come from DC at all.

(I'm not saying Adventure or Detective is a cake walk BTW)

It would be a title where there are only 1 or 2 copies known on various books.

A title where many still don't have an idea whether the book exists or not.

I certainly think it would be more difficult for another person to attempt Ian's task.

But with 10 million to spend in cash, it would certainly be a possible task.

I personlly think the most challenging titles don't come from DC at all.

(I'm not saying Adventure or Detective is a cake walk BTW)

It would be a title where there are only 1 or 2 copies known on various books.

A title where many still don't have an idea whether the book exists or not.

Does anyone have a full collection of Centaurs?

How about a complete run of Double Action Comics?

I thought that just as you said it. You beat me to it.

I beat you to the New Adventure #26 too. 27_laughing.gifyay.gif

I beat you to the New Adventure #26 too.

You didn't beat me to it, you found the lead for me. And caused me to complete my collection. And I will always be humbly and eternally grateful.

You didn't beat me to it, you found the lead for me. And caused me to complete my collection. And I will always be humbly and eternally grateful.

Semantics, Ian. Semantics. yeahok.gif And you're welcome. You owe me a beer if I ever see you at a forum dinner. acclaim.gif

Semantics, Ian. Semantics. yeahok.gif And you're welcome. You owe me a beer if I ever see you at a forum dinner. acclaim.gif

He just might give you a reach-around too if you play your cards right Scott.

Thanks for proving me correct re: my prior presumption. 27_laughing.gif

Oh good grief. What a bunch of maroons.

I meant that in a nice way.

What are maroons................... Like baboons... confused-smiley-013.gif

Something I heard Bugs Bunny say one time.

With enough money, no set is hard to complete. gossip.gif

I disagree. Money helps, but it's not the only requirement.

confused.gif So then what title do you think us unobtainable, even with a limitless wallet?

You said "hard" to complete, that's what I was responding to, not "unobtainable".

Okay, what title do you think would be "hard" to obtain?

Have you not read about some of the titles that were hard for Ian to obtain? Many of the books he was looking for were not pricey books, but he still had a hard time finding them. If you haven't read his posts about these hard to find titles then you'll have to dig them up yourself, I'm to lazy and I've already read them.

It took me almost as year to get Fast Willie Jackson 1-7 and money wasn't an issue with those. Granted, I could have bought some from Mile High, but I just can't get myself to give Chuck my money.

So you just answered your own question. You could have bought them, but money was an issue. From what I remember Ian has trouble with the giveaways. He could have finished his NA run, but money was a factor. I seriously doubt that any title would be hard to collect given enough money.

I really am fine with disagreeing with you DL.

Here I was trying to be civil with you OG, I just want to understand why you feel a certain title would be difficult to get.

We're not being civil now?

Do you not think you could get FWJ 1-7 if you had a $10,000 budget to spend to find it?

Sure I could. Heck, I managed to do it for a little less then $100. It took almost a year, but I got it. It didn't take money, it took a lot of looking.

Thanks for proving me correct re: my prior presumption. 27_laughing.gif

The only thing you have proven correctly is how much you enjoy babbling like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. re: your last 10K posts.

Oh I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO adore Sugar And Spike. And I'm so proud of having a number one. It just never never never comes up for sale. I've seen one on e-Bay in four years. I tried to buy it as a spare, but there were about ninety bids on it.

Why would one need a "spare"? What exactly are you doing with that comic?

it really is an amazing feat Ian... but dang... you must cringe when you have to buy some of the DC krap... especially the new junk. How many new DC comics do you have to buy a month to keep up your collection now?

Just looking through my collection, which is mostly copper,... ive got so much dc junk. I think you are the only person to have a full run of Electric Warrior, i "lucked" out several years ago, when i bought a stack off comics (mystery stack) and found some of those in it...

so... if having the entire collection of DC no longer mattered to you... which DC issues would be the first to be tossed?

Edited by eddly

so... if having the entire collection of DC no longer mattered to you... which DC issues would be the first to be tossed?

The appalling CMX manga rubbish, which I bitterly resent having to buy