• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

I'm amazed and I don't even like 98% of what DC publishes.

Not that Sugar and Spike isn't quality reading, just not my cup of tea.

Oh I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO adore Sugar And Spike. And I'm so proud of having a number one. It just never never never comes up for sale. I've seen one on e-Bay in four years. I tried to buy it as a spare, but there were about ninety bids on it.

A full set of all ninety nine issues is nigh on impossible. Paul Levitz thought number 2 was the rarest DC.

Ian:

do you know anything else about the story of the other person who completed a full set of DCs? Is there going to be any photos or news articles about your collection? I'm just curious cause I think you'd have something in common with the other person who accomplished the same and would at least have something in common to discuss.

I'm just curious cause I think you'd have something in common with the other person who accomplished the same and would at least have something in common to discuss.

Huh.... you'da thunk it.

That's why I made one phone call and ended up being called a stalker

Ian:

Is there going to be any photos or news articles about your collection?

I will be posting up a photo of all the keys and rarest comics as soon as I locate Gary Cove.

With all the money you spend on throw away (i.e. the Denmark Fiasco), why can't you buy a disposable camera to take the pictures yourself?

Hello Ms Pepsi heiress, would you like to talk about those classic 60s JLAs when the team used to split up to fight different aspects of the same dastardly plot?

Now isn't it amazingly spooky that you're a newcomer on here, and yet you've somehow mysteriously pastiched a comment I made about a year and a half ago about my personal love for the Gardner Fox stories and what made them work for me as an eager collector when I was growing up.

Maybe I've lurked a lot. Maybe I've lurked on more board threads than anyone. Maybe I've lurked on more board threads than anybody and have copies of every single one!

Even the ultra-rare 'We All Think Ian Is A Real Interesting Guy' one, which most board members consider to be the rarest CGC board thread of them all.

Oh I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO adore Sugar And Spike. And I'm so proud of having a number one. It just never never never comes up for sale. I've seen one on e-Bay in four years. I tried to buy it as a spare, but there were about ninety bids on it.

A full set of all ninety nine issues is nigh on impossible. Paul Levitz thought number 2 was the rarest DC.

Mr. Levine

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure Sugar and Spike is very tough to come by. I'm not looking for any, nor will I want to. I wasn't slamming S and S, just saying that I only have what I want. I don't believe in getting something for getting sake.

I'm thrilled for you. And I will be just as thrilled if and when this other person gets their set. I hope you are not upset with someone trying to also accomplish your goal? Again, I was just echoing anothers post. Not wanting or needing any response. flowerred.gif

sleeping.gif

Oh really, why DO you bother ????

Because, as evidenced by his usage of GHB on his very occasional dates, Deathlok prefers an easy target.

Maybe if it weren't so easy to get a rise out of you, he'd give up.

sleeping.gif

Oh really, why DO you bother ????

Because, as evidenced by his usage of GHB on his very occasional dates, Deathlok prefers an easy target.

Maybe if it weren't so easy to get a rise out of you, he'd give up.

Slanderous statements, you renowned pettifogger. frustrated.gif

I saw two Sugar and Spike #1's at San Diego last week. But I do agree, it would be a very tough set to complete.

Mr. Levine

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure Sugar and Spike is very tough to come by. I'm not looking for any, nor will I want to. I wasn't slamming S and S, just saying that I only have what I want. I don't believe in getting something for getting sake.

I'm thrilled for you. And I will be just as thrilled if and when this other person gets their set. I hope you are not upset with someone trying to also accomplish your goal? Again, I was just echoing anothers post. Not wanting or needing any response. flowerred.gif

I'm re-quoting this so that Ian can see it. It's fast becoming buried under a war of words. foreheadslap.gifgossip.gif

I saw two Sugar and Spike #1's at San Diego last week. But I do agree, it would be a very tough set to complete.

With enough money, no set is hard to complete. gossip.gif

With enough money, no set is hard to complete. gossip.gif

I would agree that in most cases that is true, but there are some sets were individual issues (regardless of value) just do not come up for sale. You do not see many single digit issues of Sugar and Spike for sale often. Look at one of the last books Ian needed, a Buzzy 70. Money didn't make that book more accesible, just time and perserverance.