• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

Jesus H! How many times do we have to go thru this? Just send them the info they require. It's really that simple.

I just sent them info on a book and Tom told me he rec'd it and everything looked up to snuff.

I've been trying (really hard) to be nice (especially in light of your great accomplishment) but, dammit, you sure do make it tough. Don't make me join Deathlok. Pretty please? With sugar on top??? flowerred.gif

It's really amazing how Ian's child-like petulance is quickly causing any goodwill to dissipate, isn't it? I keep telling myself to separate the achievement from the person.

Well, it would help if the "person" could seperate himself from the achievement!

In this case, it would help if the person who had just achieved the achievement could conduct himself with a little more class. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, it would help if the "person" could seperate himself from the achievement!

In this case, it would help if the person who had just achieved the achievement could conduct himself with a little more class.

I made a joke that I actually thought was funny, which contained a bit of sending myself up in the process, and you all jumped down my throat.

Go back and look at it again.

In this case, it would help if the person who had just achieved the achievement could conduct himself with a little more class.

I made a joke that I actually thought was funny, which contained a bit of sending myself up in the process, and you all jumped down my throat.

Ian, I think you'll find that many (most?) Americans don't appeciate dry British wit:

fawlty.gif

B000085EEI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

bennyhill03.jpg

poke2.gif

Ian, I think you'll find that many (most?) Americans don't appeciate dry British wit:

Then Ian needs to use a Smiley or add an "LOL" when "joking" in this manner. Given Ian's attitude and history of giving Arnold a hard time, it's no wonder the "joke" was taken wrong. I thought the same thing as a few others when I first read it - it was a sarcastic jab at Arnold and Overstreet.

That would be asking much of Ian.

yeahok.gif

Then Ian needs to use a Smiley or add an "LOL" when "joking" in this manner. Given Ian's attitude and history of giving Arnold a hard time, it's no wonder the "joke" was taken wrong. I thought the same thing as a few others when I first read it - it was a sarcastic jab at Arnold and Overstreet.

I appreciate "dry British wit" just not Ian's or Mr. Bean's for that matter and I'm Canadian. Ian just wants to be pandered to, another way to draw attention to himself. Let us know when they have a positive ID on Gary Cove. ("dry Canadian wit").

That would be asking much of Ian.

yeahok.gif

I appreciate "dry British wit" just not Ian's or Mr. Bean's for that matter and I'm Canadian. Ian just wants to be pandered to, another way to draw attention to himself. Let us know when they have a positive ID on Gary Cove. ("dry Canadian wit").

Do I need to point out that I was being sarcastic... confused-smiley-013.gif given that my image examples are anything but dry? makepoint.gif

I thought the same thing as a few others when I first read it - it was a sarcastic jab at Arnold and Overstreet.

Well yes, it was a BIT of that too......

I don't mind the jab, he needs to keep himself amused while assembling that exhaustive list he's no doubt drafting to make his mark on price guide history and insure that the Guide is updated with all that vital information that we can't otherwise obtain in any other fashion except with his help. Of course he won't deprive comics of that knowledge, but sometimes he needs to take a break and make a joke to lighten the mood. And I forgive him for that.

I don't mind the jab, he needs to keep himself amused while assembling that exhaustive list he's no doubt drafting to make his mark on price guide history and insure that the Guide is updated with all that vital information that we can't otherwise obtain in any other fashion except with his help. Of course he won't deprive comics of that knowledge, but sometimes he needs to take a break and make a joke to lighten the mood. And I forgive him for that.

Er.................

Er.........................

Mmmmm............................

Lost for words.