• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

Once he got what he came for, he checked out.

that was kind of distasteful, yeah. But you knew that's how it was going to go down even then. The guy was never interested in talking about anything other than himself and his collection. There were few or no positive contributions in terms of the love of the material itself, the artists, writers etc.

Isn't wasn't - "wow, aren't these new adventures amazing, wasn't flessel a great artist, enjoy these pics of my copies"

It was - "oh god oh god oh god I NEED that new adventure or my collection won't be complete."

Best all-time gollum syndrome on the boards I would say (thumbs u

So much so that he couldn't even tell how ridiculously fake that Double Action 1 cover was (thumbs u because he WANTED and NEEDED it to be real lol

thin skin = troll bait.

Not at all - look at Deathlok and Timulty - Tim has seriously thick skin to put up with that absolutely insane harassment for as long as he did.

These sociopaths often just pick someone out and troll them, for whatever reason.

Oh the irony...

2001_bowman.jpg

My God! It's full of . . . irony.

I do not think that word means what you think it means. lol

The quote is "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." And yeah. I feel pretty confident in my understanding of the word irony.

The quote is "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." And yeah. I feel pretty confident in my understanding of the word irony.

For today's lesson, you can look up "paraphrasing".

A restatement of a text or passage, using other words.

Basically, I combined the two sentences into one, and made it fully understandable (and familiar) in a single statement. Your anal-nerd regurgitation proves I did it perfectly. :banana:

thin skin = troll bait.

Not at all - look at Deathlok and Timulty - Tim has seriously thick skin to put up with that absolutely insane harassment for as long as he did.

These sociopaths often just pick someone out and troll them, for whatever reason.

Oh the irony...

2001_bowman.jpg

My God! It's full of . . . irony.

Inconceivable!

For today's lesson, you can look up "paraphrasing".

A restatement of a text or passage, using other words.

Basically, I combined the two sentences into one, and made it fully understandable (and familiar) in a single statement. Your anal-nerd regurgitation proves I did it perfectly. :banana:

So we should forgive you your literary transgressions all the while allowing you to lambast others' slight missteps? OK.

thin skin = troll bait.

Oh the irony...

What? I am the furthest from a troll/stalker as you can get. I treat everyone equally, depending on what comes out of your pie-hole, and anyone can attest to this.

I may be mean sometimes, but I'm equal-opportunity mean.

You stalk me like no tomorrow! :frustrated::cry:hm

Who'd've thought that Hellblazer's resurrection of this thread would've led to such shenanigans.... meh

Who'd've thought that so much fisting could go on in these friendly confines.

Gonna go get ready for a Hurricane shortly.

Your anal-nerd regurgitation proves I did it perfectly. :banana:

Now that's ironic.

Edited by JohnT

I took the time to read this thread and found it very interesting. I was caught by the short discussion of books that Ian did not care for and the follow-up concept that comic books might be collected but perhaps not appreciated as an example of craft or culture.

I don't collect books that I don't like. I wonder how many people, when snared by the completion bug, find themselves searching for items that they really don't resonate with at all, aesthetically or nostalgically?

I took the time to read this thread and found it very interesting. I was caught by the short discussion of books that Ian did not care for and the follow-up concept that comic books might be collected but perhaps not appreciated as an example of craft or culture.

I don't collect books that I don't like. I wonder how many people, when snared by the completion bug, find themselves searching for items that they really don't resonate with at all, aesthetically or nostalgically?

It all depends on your goals I would think. To have a complete collection of comics is one goal. To have an aesthetically pleasing one is another. I originally started collecting complete runs. Because I could not afford to, I found my self getting more bang for the buck by collecting select issues that I enjoyed.

R.

Ditto,

besides, I must be one of the few that looks at his collection and thinks too myself, whats the big deal? (shrug)

Nik, think of it as the Greek comic book Decathalon. Most don't finish...

lol