• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Impossible Comic Book Movie

44 posts in this topic

Old guy isn't just a he is a jizz dumpster F*[embarrasing lack of self control] anyone who makes fun of starwars If you don't like it that is OK but keep it to yourself

27_laughing.gif

The secret wars 1 or 2.

The first one would be difficult for a theater audience because you never really get a glimpse of the Beyonder, just manifestations.

Would sure like to see Crusher Creel get his arm cut off. That would make it PG13 right off the bat.

Which comic book character would be the most difficult to transfer to the big screen and to do so well?

Nearly all of them. That's not stopping anyone though.

The very idea that super-powered types choose to spend their free time putting on colorful tights and duking it out with other super-powered types is a bit of a stretch to begin with.

Add to that the fact that they live in a comic book world where they regularly cause more property damage than any 100 terrorists, yet everyone seems pretty nonchalant about it.

The vast majority of comic book characters only work because they're comic book characters. In a movie, you need to provide some sort of reasonable sounding origin and also some motivation for why they do what they do, and have them interact with their world in a plausible fashion. Every bad review received for every comic book movie ever made is the result of a failure to do that.

Ronnie Raymond Firestorm has so much potential to go either way....

as does anything with the Spectre...he's a wonderfully simple premise....but you know they'd try to do too much with backstory and make him less spirit of vengence and more spirit of be nice to people.

Yes, I agree Secret Wars would be tough cause it would include all the problematic characters already mentioned. I agree Hulk is tough. Ghost Rider will be a huge challenge. Silver Surfer may be the most problematic of them all. Then again, I may have said Spider-man years ago, but they pulled that off pretty well. I think Peter Jackson could do a killer job with Thor. Anybody else would probably kill it.

Joe

Which comic book character would be the most difficult to transfer to the big screen and to do so well?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Youngblood. They'd have to give all the actors food additives to make them perpetually constipated, and the director could never show any of the actors' feet.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Youngblood. They'd have to give all the actors food additives to make them perpetually constipated, and the director could never show any of the actors' feet.

sign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Thank you. 893applaud-thumb.gif I hope he's reading this. 27_laughing.gif I hated that stuff.

Any Manga universe characters would be tough.

Transformers would pretty much have to be all CGI. Same thing with the Lizard. I just can't see a guy in a lizard costume playing the part. All the slithery animal instincts would be missing.

I think Sandman would work really well as an HBO series, if the adaptations take time to cover the entire series instead of trying to fit everything into a 2 hour film. Hey, 6 Feet Under ends after this season, so they need something else to keep me watching every week!

As for Dr. Strange, I hope Joe Collector is wrong and that it translates well to the screen. The bad 1978 TV movie aside, I'd love to see how Hollywood creates the Ditko interdimensional worlds he drew back in the 60's.

As for Cherry Poptart, I'd think that one would be one of the easiest adaptations to make...!

Any comic book movie has the potential to suck eggs if the the director's or studio's vision is distorted. Catwoman with Halle Berry is a great example of that. Still, in terms of live action adaptations, I'd say it would be pretty difficult to successfully translate Flaming Carrot or Cerebus to film. You never know though...