• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 8

189 posts in this topic

Book is old red label. Off White Pages. Graders notes have not been called in on.

Grades due Monday 6pm est. Questions and grades to me. Couldn't do anything about the glare, so consider the top edge of the cover fine.

book8front.jpg

book8back.jpg

Winners Bracket

#34 vs #44 vs #56

If 1 person hits the grade on the head and the others do not, then that person is the winner of this bracket.

If all 3 miss, then the 2 closest move on.

If all 3 miss, and 2 of the 3 tie:

If tie is closer than the 3rd persons guess, they move on and 3rd person loses.

If tie is furthur away than the 3rd persons guess, then the 3rd person moves on and gets a bye and the 2 must face off again.

If all 3 tie, then they all face off again next round.

Losers Bracket

#3 vs #7

#15 vs #21

#28 vs #30

#31 vs #36

#40 vs #43

#50 vs #53

Mega Losers Bracket

#1 vs #5

#6 vs #12

#17 vs #19

#24 vs #26

#29 vs #33

#35 vs #37

#38 vs #41

#46 vs #52

#34 vs #44 vs #56

If 1 person hits the grade on the head and the others do not, then that person is the winner of this bracket. If all 3 miss, then the 2 closest move on. If all 3 miss, and 2 of the 3 tie, then the 1 that didn't tie gets a bye the next round, and then those 2 that tied will face off again next round. If all 3 tie, then 1 person at random will get a bye the next round and all 3 remain in the bracket.

Sorry, but I don't get this at all. Someone has to nail the grade to win? confused.gif What happens if two tie and they are closer than the third? You give two directions for that scenario. I also respectfully submit that you get rid of the byes now. With only 3 of us left it seems like a huge, and unfair, advantage. Why not just say that whoever is closest wins and if there is a tie, those two (or all three) move on eliminating the person that was most off? That seems a lot easier. confused-smiley-013.gif

#33 Mr. Norinn A.K.A Thread starter theif. Yousa goin down! sumo.gif

Most likely. I can't grade my way out of a paper sack lately. frown.gif

I was in the winner bracket just two rounds ago.

sorry.gif

Oh, and when the 893censored-thumb.gif do I get a 893censored-thumb.gif BYE! makepoint.gif

#33 Mr. Norinn A.K.A Thread starter theif. Yousa goin down! sumo.gif

Most likely. I can't grade my way out of a paper sack lately. frown.gif

I was in the winner bracket just two rounds ago.

sorry.gif

Oh, and when the 893censored-thumb.gif do I get a 893censored-thumb.gif BYE! makepoint.gif

That's a wet CGC slab to you!... Get it right wont ya....OBTW here's your bye! hi.gif

I really don't know how to change the winners bracket thing. So October, it is your job to get it head on smile.gif

This should be easy:

1) All tie = All stay

2) Two tie and one loses = The loser drops down

3) One does better and the other two tie = The one wins and both others drop down

4)Tricky one:

Three different grade results:

one is closest

the second in-between one and three

the thrid is the worst

In this case is only the third guy dropped down, or both two and three?

It's your contest so it's your call.

Personally I'd go with just dropping the worst grade out if all three are different but it's up to you. gossip.gif

I have no idea now.....

We were on the same wavelength except for the bye option when two tie and the winner was closer but didn't "nail" the grade:

If tie is furthur away than the 3rd persons guess, then the 3rd person moves on and gets a bye and the 2 must face off again.

I like it! thumbsup2.gif

Don't change anything! poke2.gif

#34 vs #44 vs #56

If 1 person hits the grade on the head and the others do not, then that person is the winner of this bracket. If all 3 miss, then the 2 closest move on. If all 3 miss, and 2 of the 3 tie, then the 1 that didn't tie gets a bye the next round, and then those 2 that tied will face off again next round. If all 3 tie, then 1 person at random will get a bye the next round and all 3 remain in the bracket.

Sorry, but I don't get this at all. Someone has to nail the grade to win? confused.gif What happens if two tie and they are closer than the third? You give two directions for that scenario. I also respectfully submit that you get rid of the byes now. With only 3 of us left it seems like a huge, and unfair, advantage. Why not just say that whoever is closest wins and if there is a tie, those two (or all three) move on eliminating the person that was most off? That seems a lot easier. confused-smiley-013.gif

What he said. There shouldn't be byes anymore in the winners bracket. Besides, Zipper and I am going to tie again anyway.