• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 8

189 posts in this topic

Waiting on 4 grades

Player

Might be a little later posting results tonight as I have to be somewhere. Expect them by 7-8pm at the latest.

#7 got lucky with a cute girl and is too busy to post maybe...? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

I don't generally say this, but I think I am going down this round. crazy.gif

This was a tough book. If it was a SA or GA with those type of flaws, it would have been much easier -- and I'd be much more confident in my guess. The trick is guessing what CGC would give a [common] bronze book with that accumulation of flaws. I narrowed it down to 3 possible grades IMO, and went with my gut.

Good luck to you and Donut... it's been a blast either way.

This was a tough book. If it was a SA or GA with those type of flaws, it would have been much easier -- and I'd be much more confident in my guess. The trick is guessing what CGC would give a [common] bronze book with that accumulation of flaws. I narrowed it down to 3 possible grades IMO, and went with my gut.

popcorn.gif

Yeah, good luck. This was a tough book, especially in light of the grade CGC gave the same issue in round 4 or 5. I had it down to 3 different grades as well. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's 8:01pm on the east coast & no grade....& no, I have no patience. popcorn.gif

I'm waiting for the grade to go off-line for the night and play Starcraft.

laugh.gif

Results coming in 5.

Hours...Days...or Years?? confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyone volunteering to make out a chart with everyone's name like in Round 6....someone was slacking last Round sumo.gif

Was Deathlok at the Con? confused.gif