• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 8

189 posts in this topic

Okay, this settles it. That new grading company that Lighthouse, Darth, and Donut are planning to start up needs to hire Andy as its HEAD GRADER. No questions asked. He'd dethrone Borock as King of the Comic World in about six months! (Plus the dude can pick out color touch at twenty paces. He must be able to smell the stuff!)

Congrats, Andy!

Alan

P.S. Go away, JC. Please. Or at least resume your Tango 'n Cash ID, as assuming his identity really seemed to temper your mood.

Is the screaming room still open??? I really need to go there for this book!

I'll be doing that from the mega-losers area too!

What? Are you kidding? That was an easy 7.0! 893naughty-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

I arrived there by remembering that the other MTUA #1 had large fugly creases and still got a 6.0. I figured in comparison this had to be at least a full point better gossip.gif

What? Are you kidding? That was an easy 7.0! tsk poke2.gif

I arrived there by remembering that the other MTUA #1 had large fugly creases and still got a 6.0. I figured in comparison this had to be at least a full point better gossip.gif

Don't give away the keys to victory! 893naughty-thumb.gif There are enemies all around. gossip.gif

I remembered the same fact, but arrived at a different conclusion.

The crease on the 6.0 was on the back cover and in a white area (hence, not so obvious of a colorbreak). And we've seen plenty of evidence that CGC is far more forgiving to flaws on the back cover as opposed to the front.

So, it was not unrealistic to think that the more recent book could have graded lower than the first. I think the first book certainly had much better eye appeal.

confused-smiley-013.gif

What? Are you kidding? That was an easy 7.0! tsk poke2.gif

Don't give away the keys to victory! 893naughty-thumb.gif There are enemies all around. gossip.gif

Don't worry, that wasn't the key. I left out a lot of the more important steps such as those including candles, incense, moonlight, and the use of a Ouija board precisely at midnight...