• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 8

189 posts in this topic

Why complicate the matter of the winner needing to nail it? If it is a 9.4 and one says 9.6, the other 9.2 and the last 9.0, then 9.0 should be gone. Same way if two say 9.2 and one says 9.0,,say so long to the 9.0. Also if it is 9.4 and one says 9.2 and the others both say 9.0(or lower) then the 9.2 should be the overall winner. We could go through all 500,000 plus books that CGC has graded and they may never nail it.

I also respectfully submit that you get rid of the byes now. With only 3 of us left it seems like a huge, and unfair, advantage.

Says the guy who already benefited from a bye. poke2.gif

Quiet you. mad.gifwink.gif

Why are you and zipper going to tie again?

By all means do tell do tell.... poke2.gif

frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

I'm JOKING people. Zipper and I tied three times in a row, so of COURSE we're going to tie again. And again, and again, and again. Curse you Zipper!

Zipper and I tied three times in a row, so of COURSE we're going to tie again. And again, and again, and again. Curse you Zipper!

Great minds think alike. grin.gif

And BTW Donut, will you kindly DIE!, DIE!!, DIE!!! this round? Thanks in advance for your cooperation. tongue.gifstooges.gif

Why complicate the matter of the winner needing to nail it? If it is a 9.4 and one says 9.6, the other 9.2 and the last 9.0, then 9.0 should be gone. Same way if two say 9.2 and one says 9.0,,say so long to the 9.0. Also if it is 9.4 and one says 9.2 and the others both say 9.0(or lower) then the 9.2 should be the overall winner. We could go through all 500,000 plus books that CGC has graded and they may never nail it.

I kind of like the idea of someone having to nail the grade to win it all. Maybe that could be done for the overall bracket championship. I mean, it is a grading contest, and people are being awarded for being off by, in some cases, as many as 3 or 4 grades. I'd love to see the overall winner have to nail it on the head.

Why are you and zipper going to tie again?

By all means do tell do tell.... poke2.gif

frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

I'm JOKING people. Zipper and I tied three times in a row, so of COURSE we're going to tie again. And again, and again, and again. Curse you Zipper!

I was joking also.... poke2.gifstooges.gif

Good lord! I'm going against Warlord again,,what is this the 10th time? I know we have had only 8 rounds but every time I turn around there is Warlord!

Quit complaining. Everyone knows I'm your shill account anyway! You're not fooling anyone!

893whatthe.gif

Warlord,,,you are supposed to keep this quiet!

Another crappy MTU #1, this is the same book that Donut knocked me out of the winners brackett with in round 4. (not the same exact book,,,you know what I mean)

So things look good for you on this one Warlord!

I kind of like the idea of someone having to nail the grade to win it all.

Why? It didn;t take "nailing the grade" to eliminate anyone else from the contest, so why choose a winner a different way?

One thing makes a contest fundamentally sound: consistency.

Do you know what the fairest way of conducting Round 8 would be?

Give Flying_Donut a Bye and let the other two duke it out. After all, both october_fire and Zipper have already had a round off, and it's only fair that Donut be accorded the same respect in an uneven 3-player Tier.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Do you know what the fairest way of conducting Round 8 would be?

Give Flying_Donut a Bye and let the other two duke it out. After all, both october_fire and Zipper have already had a round off, and it's only fair that Donut be accorded the same respect in an uneven 3-player Tier.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Only if you promise to shut up about the damn byes afterwards. poke2.gif All these statistics, constant analyses, and incessant complaining are ruining the contest.

All these statistics, constant analyses, and incessant complaining are ruining the contest.

Who's complaining? I am simply posting the base statistical facts. Nothing more and nothing less.

I think we all knew what a huge advantange being given a Bye is, but even so, these numbers are shocking to say the least. So rather than berating the current grading contest, I would instead like people to think long and hard before using Byes in any future contests.

P.S. I think all the Byes did more to ruin the contest than anything I ever posted.