• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 8

189 posts in this topic

All I'm saying is: Some of us don't give a flying flip that some received byes and some didn't. It's all just the luck of the draw, and life is not 100% fair, so shut the 893censored-thumb.gif up about the damn byes already. Christo_pull_hair.gif

In typical Joe C fashion, he's doing his best to be sure that if October or I win, the win will be as tainted as possible.

The man is a natural born killjoy. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I wonder if he'd be whining so loud about the byes if HE was still in the winner's bracket? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yep. The contest is basically ruined for me now anyway. I know if either of us ends up winning all we will hear is whining about how we got a bye and had a 23.56275% better chance because of it. 893blahblah.gif Pretty lame. mad.gif

If I run a single bracket style tournament, I'll give JC the only bye in the tournament and see how much it really helps him. I'm willing to bet he wouldn't finish on top. poke2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Are you going to run the next contest?

I could only do it if other forumites sent me scans of books. I only have a handful of graded books and some of them people already know the grades. foreheadslap.gif So problem not.

I'll leave you guys with one quote from october_fire, which I found quite amusing given that Donut was the only one who still qualified to receive a Bye this week:

"I also respectfully submit that you get rid of the byes now. With only 3 of us left it seems like a huge, and unfair, advantage."

Kind of like closing the barn door after the horses have run off? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I'll leave you guys with one quote from october_fire, which I found quite amusing given that Donut was the only one who still qualified to receive a Bye this week:

"I also respectfully submit that you get rid of the byes now. With only 3 of us left it seems like a huge, and unfair, advantage."

Kind of like closing the barn door after the horses have run off? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Re-read the thread, genius. When I said that, Comicsupply had already changed the rules and Donut was not guaranteed a buy. Under the new rules I HAD AS GOOD A CHANCE AS HIM TO GET IT.makepoint.gif

"If tie is furthur away than the 3rd persons guess, then the 3rd person moves on and gets a bye and the 2 must face off again."

Check the facts before shooting your mouth off. On second thought, just do everyone a favor and STFU. thumbsup2.gif

But according to the Master Rules, only those who have NOT yet received a Bye are eligible to receive one, so Flying_Donut was the only player qualified to take advantage of that scenario.

How about YOU go back and re-read the rules, Einstein. acclaim.gif

But according to the Master Rules, only those who have NOT yet received a Bye are eligible to receive one, so Flying_Donut was the only player qualified to take advantage of that scenario.

How about YOU go back and re-read the rules, Einstein. acclaim.gif

CS changed those rules for the final 3. He changed the byes, he changed the "closest wins" rules, and he changed the head-to-head format. You are dead wrong, plain and simple. Not that I would expect you to admit it, given your history. In any case, you have sucked enough fun out of this contest already. Congrats on being the first person to make my ignore list! Can't wait til your next drama queen exit. thumbsup2.gif

CS changed those rules for the final 3. He changed the byes, he changed the "closest wins" rules, and he changed the head-to-head format.

Jesus, maybe he can come over and change my kid's diapers while he's at it. stooges.gif

CS changed those rules for the final 3. He changed the byes, he changed the "closest wins" rules, and he changed the head-to-head format.

Jesus, maybe he can come over and change my kid's diapers while he's at it. stooges.gif

You did mean change "YOUR DIAPER"......did'nt you confused-smiley-013.gif...your the only one I here that's cryin......WAAAAAA.....BOOOOOO .....HOOOOOO... 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

Great comeback .... you really got him there didn't you? foreheadslap.gifyeahok.gifsleeping.gif

Where were you when october-fire stated "Re-read the thread, genius."? That's what I was replying to, ya needledick. poke2.gif

"Needledick, needledick, needledick." Got anything original? confused-smiley-013.gif

"Needledick, needledick, needledick." Got anything original? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think I hear your LCS calling about more over-priced Modern variants. Better get a move on.. 27_laughing.gif

But if I subscribe to the title, he gives the variant to me at half the price he would charge to anyone else thumbsup2.gif

But if I subscribe to the title, he gives the variant to me at half the price he would charge to anyone else thumbsup2.gif

That's half more than I'd pay for that manufactured collectible drek. boo.gif

That's half more than I'd pay for that manufactured collectible drek. boo.gif

Well good for you. I don't care what you buy. Leaves more of it for me and others. makepoint.gif

I'll put an end to all of this. I don't want a bye. That way if and when I win it will be through my superior ability to look at scans.

A new super-power?

Scanner vision! 893whatthe.gif

Who's your arch-enemy?

Digicam-Man? screwy.gif

I'll put an end to all of this. I don't want a bye. That way if and when I win it will be through my superior ability to look at scans.

A new super-power?

Scanner vision! 893whatthe.gif

Who's your arch-enemy?

Digicam-Man? screwy.gif

No, no, no,.....it's Son-of-Photoshop-Man!!! makepoint.gif