• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

need help identifing a couple of comic books

6 posts in this topic

They look like Canadian comics that reprinted US material - put out in the late 40s or early 50s. The C.D.L. on the Congo indicates this - I'm not sure about the M.D.S. on the Colossal Comics ( Stampede Comics).There is a small but hardcore community of collectors for these books as they are far scarcer than American comics. If you're looking to sell, your best bet is probably ebay - even though the Stampede is beat it would probably generate a little interest. I see the cover price is 25¢ - is it a squarebound?

I saw a locally produced show (Vancouver) that indicated that a lot of these Canadian comics were either produced here in Vancouver or Toronto I believe. I wonder why kind of collections of extremely rare books are lying in attics and old houses around town.

Just wanted to thank you guys for the info on the books.

I did a little bit of research on my own too. I believe that they were printed in Toronto, Canada by Bell Publishing. The Colossal Comics #4, I believe, reprints some early Marvel stuff. And the Congo one reprints some Fox stuff. I think I am going to put them up on eBay soon at bargain prices just to see if anyone is interested.

Thanks again,

Darren