• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Supplies

6 posts in this topic

I am just about ready to start on the comic book collection from my brother's estate.  Based on the number of long boxes I estimate that I have between 26,000 - 30,000.  My first priority is to replace the "Old" long boxes with the short ones.  Does anyone have a recommendation for where I should buy the short boxes and perhaps other supplies as I go along.

Sincerely,

Terees

wow you mst have like 100 long boxes (at 300 per box).  

Gerber & BCW put out long/short boxes among others.  From what I've learned (and I am no expert) Gerber has good acid-free boxes/bags/backing boards

Based on the dates they were published, there are different sized bags  (Silver age vs Modern age etc)

You may want to take inventory to see what's potentially worth taking care of as some portion of them may not be worth the expense

You should host a pizza party - I'd come over to help.  Though pizza and comics aren't the best combination....

(and on the serious side, condolensces on the loss of your brother)