• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Shop Owners will Understand

32 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, dupont2005 said:

I didn’t know you even read moderns Kav. They don’t seem your style 

There are some good ones-Brubaker Phillips for example altho the last one kill or be killed was kinda dumb.  Specially the ending.  "The End...........Or IS IT?????  MWAhhh ha ha!!"

Come on, Ed

4 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

Yeah I’m more a fan of his non supernatural stuff but I read it all anyway 

Exactly.  When he strays into the supernatural-like that awful Fade Out it all falls apart.  But I still buy it just to look at Phillips artwork.

6 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

Do you read Stray Bullets?

Nope.  100 bullets was so dumb I stopped even picking up any book with 'Bullets' in title.

Just now, dupont2005 said:

It’s pretty good. It’s similar to Criminal in a handful of ways. It can go from lighthearted to dark and back real quick though 

100 Bullets et al-Hollywood and comics need to learn "Kick-*spoon* chick" is not a plot.  "We'll have a kick-*spoon* chick and she'll go around kicking *spoon* and stuff!"  Nope.

2 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

I bought the first issue of 100 Bullets because there was a lowrider on the cover and it was so bad I was offended 

Pointless nobody gang chick becomes uber hitwoman with no training wutsoever and only has 100 bullets cause of course there's no way someone can like, buy more bullets-.

11 minutes ago, kav said:

Nope.  100 bullets was so dumb I stopped even picking up any book with 'Bullets' in title.

Stray Bullets is worth trying.  I thought the first series was excellent.