• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why I dont buy on Facebook

24 posts in this topic

I was scammed once via Facebook 4 years ago ( and I’ll admit it was my fault for being ignorant) and since then shopping there turns me way off. Of course there’s trustworthy sellers but I just don’t care to be a part of it. 

However I am part of the Omnibus Facebook group which is pretty sweet for discussion and buyselltrade. Can’t sell any for over cover price either. 

29 minutes ago, october said:

The rule we have forcing people to post a price is a good one. I look at other forums and their "sales" section is just people looking for offers. 

Definitely - I have asked for a price and when I’ve been told to make an offer, I simply walk away. 

If you are the seller you should have a price in mind. 

20 hours ago, Shadow Images said:

There big in a lot of the Facebook collector markets. Whole lot of people getting way more for items than they are worth and have seen them rigged so only a core group wins. You can rig the random number generators.

I'm not in any Facebook groups that do comic raffles, but there is another collectible group (for concert prints) that I'm a part of that do them. They always base the winning number off of the Powerball or Mega Millions drawings, so there's no way for them to be rigged via random number manipulation. It's actually not a bad system for that type of sale. I think I've only participated in them twice, and I won once (an extremely rare print, and I only personally paid 10% of the value). 

I have done a comic raffle on Instagram, and won my first one. I'm not typically that lucky, so I think that's the last one I'll do. 😊 

14 minutes ago, Kon_Jelly said:

...I think I've only participated in them twice, and I won once (an extremely rare print, and I only personally paid 10% of the value). 

I have done a comic raffle on Instagram, and won my first one. I'm not typically that lucky, so I think that's the last one I'll do. 😊 

A comic raffle is like the lottery. If you can afford the gamble, maybe why not? If you're on a budget, you're better off saving up for a sure thing.