• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: Punishment bidding - justified or not?

Punishment bidding - is it justified?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Punishment bidding - is it justified?

46 posts in this topic

This seemed to happen to a lot of people in the last few days. It seems that some people go around and do this to everyone periodically. It's moronic.

Ah -ha! Their own form of anti-moral punishment bidding!

Indeed.

IMHO, sniping is one thing. You're going for the book, that is a means to an end. Some do, some don't-- but you're after the same goal-- ya want the item in question.

Punishment bidding is another thing altogether. Ya don't want the book, instead, the object is to get the other guy to pay through the nose. Sure, it is still below his own self-defined max, but so what? You're not helping yourself in any way, you're going out of the way to trash the other guy.

Very much like handing out 1-star ratings for no real reason.

Z.

Josie Maran. She's a model and a very beautiful one as you can see. wink.gif

Punishment bidding is another thing altogether. Ya don't want the book, instead, the object is to get the other guy to pay through the nose. Sure, it is still below his own self-defined max, but so what? You're not helping yourself in any way, you're going out of the way to trash the other guy.

Right on, Zonk.

And please, don't hold it against Zonker that I agreed with him. It's not his fault that he's not an Ebay savage.

Ares, bumped you back up.

Punishment bidding?

I've got better things to do, like spread happiness and love on these posts. That's making the world a better place. As far as it goes for people who feel they have to, as long as it's not me. There's no rule that says they can't. Anyway, a bidder can protect himself by not going overboard during his bidding and sockin' to his competition with 2 seconds to go.

Wow...that seems like a fairly new concept ninanina...that being...we are each responsible for our own actions...

I find it sort of funny when a wrong is pointed out and someone mentions that they are tired of people "waxing moralistic" when what they are doing is clearly, at the very least, bad behaviour if not outright wrong...

Keep spreading the love & happiness on the boards nina as that much easier to take than listening to people who are "waxing immoralistic"...

is it morally/ethically wrong to punish bid or thrill bid on auctions by rustysstarwars??

Actually...yes it is...you are driving the price up on a book that is fraudulant thus helping a thief benifit while the high bidder gets the shaft....

I am sure you can see that...and by the way...I know of at least one board member that was burned by rustysstarwars....

Bad example....