• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superhero recommendations for a smart 10 year old

31 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, KPR Comics said:

Thor God of Thunder

I’d suggest Thor the Mighty Avenger by Roger Langridge and Chris Samnee as being a little more kid-orientated, and another excellent series.

34 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I’d suggest Thor the Mighty Avenger by Roger Langridge and Chris Samnee as being a little more kid-orientated, and another excellent series.

Agreed.  God of Thunder is a bit ... dark.

2 hours ago, jcjames said:

As others have said, Miller Daredevil, infinty Gauntlet, Ultimate Spider-man. Maybe Brubaker Cap run. Do you think Watchmen is appropriate? 

I was going to get him that but he won’t touch anything with a DC logo right now. I think because he didn’t like the movies. If I show him the movie first he might want the comic. We let him watch the occasional R movie and he loves shows like It’s Always Sunny but he doesn’t like blood, gore, horror, or realistic violence. He can’t stand gangster or war movies because of that 

Thanks for all the suggestions, this will keep me and him busy for a little while. I'm also hoping the Fantagraphics Usagi run gets reprinted in color (hopefully cheap too) for him. He's read all the Saga books already but none of the Fantagraphics stuff