• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Thief Caught!
2 2

81 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2019 at 12:23 AM, Guardian Comics said:
On 3/25/2019 at 2:26 PM, c_mkv said:

Real life superhero that “Guardian” guy....nice catch 

you two have a lot of good karma coming your way I hope

I was 100 feet away when I saw what could have been the back of his head.  Sprinted from the SharpComics booth to get in front of him, saw that the face was the one that Brad did indeed text me and followed him as to not lose him while calling Brad.  Brad relieved me and continued to follow him while I got Stephen Ritter and he led Brad to the daughter, where Stephen and I were instructed by Brad to what was happening.  So we made sure the daughter and son didn’t make a break for it.  While Brad continued to follow him as well as round up security and the police.  Eventually he came back to the daughter and then was asked by security/police to open the bags.  His first defence was he was off his meds and didn’t know what he was doing.  

We could make out the price stickers of Dale, WW, and Christina’s but nobody was sure of the other two sets of price stickers.  So once he was taken into custody, Eric (Iceman) and I did some detective work and started looking at some of the smaller dealers price stickers and bagging system/practices.  Anyways after doing two or three aisles we were able to figure out the other two dealers whom the books belonged to and after instructing security the other two dealers got their books back.  It was a fun Saturday afternoon for these two Canadian kids ;)

Jim

Way to go, Jim!

Your user and business name Guardian Comics is appropriate!