• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC lost my books?
2 2

386 posts in this topic

On 5/10/2019 at 8:44 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol :foryou:

The year ends for this year's awards on June 14th

But lol i believe that only administrators get a say on who gets what though... :shy:

Do they have one for fastest to get a 7 day ban?  :whistle:

On 4/26/2019 at 7:32 PM, It'sOnlyRight said:

Too much opinions coming from people who think they’re better 

You wanna know where I live, what I eat and what time I go to the bathroom too? 

So I am reading this post months later and have no vested interest. But I am extremely curious on what the booster gold and nova came back as.

I was hoping CGC wouldn’t be stingy with the 9.8s but getting back only 1 out of four with two others being a 9.6 makes me think maybe they were. 
Did the Nova and Booster not come back 9.8s and you just didn’t feel like hearing everyone’s opinion? 
I can understand, I’m glad your books came back.

On 8/14/2020 at 8:54 PM, Dennis Farese said:

Now im curious, what about in the case of inhouse signings. I am curious partially with what CGC would do, and if the packages are lost in the return shipping. I will use my current order as an example. I sent in 6 books, 2 were combined declared value of 450. The other 4, combined declared value of 950. But, once the signatures were added, i feel that the value has now significantly increased. The package is being tracked, but with the post office being the way it is right now, i am a bit concerned it may get lost or stolen. Does CGC insure the package for the declared value? Since the value has now increased because they have been signed, would CGC make up the difference if i have to file a claim? In the future, should I bump the declared value to include the increase from the signature? 

With Registered Mail, CGC insures the books with USPS for the declared FMV listed on the submission form.  Any claim for loss or damage while in transit is USPS's responsibility. Any settlement would come from USPS.  Any settlement from USPS resulting from a loss or damage claim is going to be for a maximum of the insured value. And if you can't convince USPS the books are worth what you say, it could be less. 

Fair Market Value is a bit of quandary.  For CGC graded books, we don't actually know  the book(s) values until they are graded. But a value has to be declared when submitting. Usually those submissions are raw, ungraded books. As far as bumping up values, keep in mind that CGC has value limits for the different tiers. The difference between $200 and $300 declared value on grading a modern (published 1975 or later( is an almost doubling of the price to get the book graded. 

Fortunately Registered Mail is pretty secure. Loss or damage is rare.  Registered mail is also often very slow. So just try to relax and don't look at tracking half a dozen times a day. It's not unusual for Registered mail to land somewhere and sit for 3-5 days with no updates. 

My book has been gone for most of a year. I have a number and it says that it may not have been scanned in yet. How many months does it take to get a book graded or even acknowledged here? Granted it was corvid and that has been used as an excuse. I only want to know where is it and when will I receive it back. If I ran my business like this....

20 hours ago, Mark Post said:

My book has been gone for most of a year. I have a number and it says that it may not have been scanned in yet. How many months does it take to get a book graded or even acknowledged here? Granted it was corvid and that has been used as an excuse. I only want to know where is it and when will I receive it back. If I ran my business like this....

no way it takes a year. I sent some books in for a CPS and I got them back in 6-7 months

On 8/17/2020 at 1:50 AM, Tony S said:

With Registered Mail, CGC insures the books with USPS for the declared FMV listed on the submission form.  Any claim for loss or damage while in transit is USPS's responsibility. Any settlement would come from USPS.  Any settlement from USPS resulting from a loss or damage claim is going to be for a maximum of the insured value. And if you can't convince USPS the books are worth what you say, it could be less. 

Fair Market Value is a bit of quandary.  For CGC graded books, we don't actually know  the book(s) values until they are graded. But a value has to be declared when submitting. Usually those submissions are raw, ungraded books. As far as bumping up values, keep in mind that CGC has value limits for the different tiers. The difference between $200 and $300 declared value on grading a modern (published 1975 or later( is an almost doubling of the price to get the book graded. 

Fortunately Registered Mail is pretty secure. Loss or damage is rare.  Registered mail is also often very slow. So just try to relax and don't look at tracking half a dozen times a day. It's not unusual for Registered mail to land somewhere and sit for 3-5 days with no updates. 

Here's a prime example.

2083310519_Screenshot(81).thumb.png.f46bdef642bd061938792dcaa1e4e98e.png

Screenshot (82).png

Edited by ak47po