• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of Batman/DC Bullet Logo UPC Variants
8 8

84 posts in this topic

On 5/25/2024 at 12:25 PM, Patrick John said:

Hey guys, I am new to the boards. I was making a purchase on Mycomicshop.com today and I noticed that 1st and 2nd second print direct editions of Batman #457 have the Batman logo on their site. Including the Indicia error version. I am not sure if they used the same pic for all three versions. This just may be the UPC logo for the direct editions of this issue. Not sure if it is a logo variant or not. It has been a while since I took a look at this issue. So I am going to check my PC when I get a chance to see to which versions I may have.  

Batman 457 Batman logo cover.jpg

You could email @mycomicshop to be sure, but I'm sure the description at least for each book should inform and if making a purchase. They're hard-working people, diligent, but human, I'm sure they've got safeties in place but again what you're asking sounds, imo, correct. :) 

On 5/25/2024 at 1:25 PM, Patrick John said:

Hey guys, I am new to the boards. I was making a purchase on Mycomicshop.com today and I noticed that 1st and 2nd second print direct editions of Batman #457 have the Batman logo on their site. Including the Indicia error version. I am not sure if they used the same pic for all three versions. This just may be the UPC logo for the direct editions of this issue. Not sure if it is a logo variant or not. It has been a while since I took a look at this issue. So I am going to check my PC when I get a chance to see to which versions I may have.  

Welcome! I'm glad you've joined in and are checking out this thread!

Batman #457 is from 1990, and in 1990 the Batman logo basically just denotes a Direct Edition (vs a newsstand).  As such, it doesn't fall within the scope of the Batman logos being discussed in this thread.  For the variants under discussion, there should be a Direct Edition, newsstand, and the multi-pack and/or reprint variant which has the Batman logo.

Here's what comics.org shows for the different versions of Batman #457 vs what you'll see for BA#16 or BA #19, to help illustrate the difference.

Untitled.png.6950d7dd5ed09b5047c5c780009bd194.png

UntitledBA.png.2442c3cb8776d17f35a5d3efa648d14f.png

UntitledBA2.png.fdc8278b8bb7abc9e17869ac77ff5218.png

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2024 at 9:55 PM, Warlord said:

Welcome! I'm glad you've joined in and are checking out this thread!

Batman #457 is from 1990, and in 1990 the Batman logo basically just denotes a Direct Edition (vs a newsstand).  As such, it doesn't fall within the scope of the Batman logos being discussed in this thread.  For the variants under discussion, there should be a Direct Edition, newsstand, and the multi-pack and/or reprint variant which has the Batman logo.

Here's what comics.org shows for the different versions of Batman #457 vs what you'll see for BA#16 or BA #19, to help illustrate the difference.

Untitled.png.6950d7dd5ed09b5047c5c780009bd194.png

UntitledBA.png.2442c3cb8776d17f35a5d3efa648d14f.png

UntitledBA2.png.fdc8278b8bb7abc9e17869ac77ff5218.png

I realize this is not germane to this thread, but the rest of the story on the Batman 457 is that the 457 Direct first printing and the 457 Newsstand first printing each have a variant.   Both of them exist with the number "457" in the indicia, and the number "000" in the indicia.  The "000" was an error.  The error is common in the direct edition, but pretty hard to find in the newsstand edition.   And the newsstand variant of the 457 2nd printing is super hard to find, so it sells for big bucks.  You can see all 6 variants on this youtube video (and there are several threads on this website about them).   When I made this video 10 years ago, the newsstand variant of the 2nd printing was only recently found.   Now they are fairly easy to find because the prices caused them all to come out of the closet, so to speak.

Edited by Cpt Kirk