• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pgm Avengers 4

8 posts in this topic

Hello hello! I have an Avengers 4, bought a collection that it was in. Due to the condition of the cover, perhaps these staples were added later on to keep the cover attached? I do not know. The collection was in storage for 20_ years so if it was done after publication that was done a while ago. You can turn the pages fine. So what do I have here grade-wise? this forum has really helped me improve my grading skills but I am not at this level yet!!!! (shrug) How would you sell it? I am considering parting with it as I now have a slabbed copy that I got here on the boards, and you know, VCC is coming up and all.  Any help would be appreciated and explanations help me learn if you have the time and desire to offer how you got to the grade.

D3AdZllXcAAfYfr.jpgD3AdZl1WkAEs2PV.jpg

3 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

This is pretty rough, Bird. If this book is complete, I'd be thinking more like 1.5 - 1.8. And I'd probably just put this up on eBay the way it is and see how it goes...  (shrug)  

This is the way to go. (thumbsu

As far as arriving at this grade, I keep going down the grading scale until I get to an area where I'm comfortable with the grade and I feel it compares to other books I've seen in this range. I ask myself if I'd be happy buying the book if it were certified as that grade. And that's not to say that other folks wouldn't be comfortable with a different grade than mine...to each his own...:foryou:

Edited by The Lions Den

1 minute ago, The Lions Den said:

As far as arriving at this grade, I keep going down the grading scale until I get to an area where I'm comfortable with the grade and I feel it compares to other books I've seen in this range. I ask myself if I'd be happy buying the book if it were certified as that grade.That's not to say that other folks wouldn't be comfortable with a different grade than I arrive at...to each his own...

Thanks for the explanation. I may just keep it as I am in no need to sell but since I got a slabbed copy was considering moving it. Books in my memory are always better than they look in the light of day!

1 minute ago, Bird said:

Thanks for the explanation. I may just keep it as I am in no need to sell but since I got a slabbed copy was considering moving it. Books in my memory are always better than they look in the light of day!

You're welcome. And in cases like this, it's always good to run it by someone that actually collects books in this range---they generally have more insight. I'm actually a high grade guy...