• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about an auction

9 posts in this topic

I won this auction over a week ago:

Daredevil #14

I sent the money by Paypal right away as I usually do. Well, over a week later, I have not heard anything from the seller. And when I go to Paypal, the money shows as "unclaimed" after over a week.

What do you guys think I should do? How long should I wait for the seller? I tried to send him an email, but the email bounced due to an invalid email address. I sent him a message through ebay, no response yet.

Also, I see he's only had 3 feedbacks over the last 6 months, even though he keeps posting auctions. Should I cancel the paypal payment and move on and try to get the comic from somewhere else? I don't want him coming back all of a sudden and slapping a negative.

Please advise!

Try to get in touch through the contact seller link on the listing page. Also, you can get his personal info from ebay and either send him a snail mail or give him a phone call. He appears to have been a pretty active seller and might have slowed down due to moving or something (military service maybe?) I have recently moved myself and have not had the time to get my home email working again in the past 4...er...6 weeks. Another possibility is either you or him or both might have a spam blocker preventing the emails from going through.

I am also not sure why your payment would have been unclaimed unless you do not have a verified Paypal email address. If he cannot get into his email he might be assuming that you sent him an e-check and it did not clear.

Not saying he's doing a great job but it has only been a little over a week and sometimes things happen. It appears that he is trying to start doing a bunch of listings after a long absence and maybe he hasn't gotten all of his ducks in a row like he should. I wouldn't write him off just yet...

Yeah that's why I bid on his auctions, he seemed to be a pretty busy seller, with a lot of good feedback, even though he seemed to have slowed down a bit.

I did contact him through the contact the seller button, but I haven't heard from him yet.

When I paid for the auction, the email that showed up was an invalid email (the email I sent to that address bounced), and Paypal shows that email address as not verified, which is why I'm slightly concerned.

I just lost internet access for a week myself, so I know things happen, I just wonder how long is long enough. smile.gif

If your emails and messages are bouncing back I would definately try the snail mail or phone option. I generally give the benefit of the doubt for a couple of weeks just because I know that there have been times that I have taken that long to get back online. Work, moving into an old fixer upper house (like me) or even the military service can take someone away when they least expect it.

And yes Arex, have eaten at Hyman's. Next time you are in Charleston try Hank's, prices are stiff but I prefer them over Hyman's anytime. PM me if you ever need a restaurant recco for Chucktown (don't want to let you hijack this thread from Alberto wink.gif )

And yes Arex, have eaten at Hyman's. Next time you are in Charleston try Hank's, prices are stiff but I prefer them over Hyman's anytime. PM me if you ever need a restaurant recco for Chucktown (don't want to let you hijack this thread from Alberto )

thumbsup2.gif

Who's Alberto? poke2.gif

And yes Arex, have eaten at Hyman's. Next time you are in Charleston try Hank's, prices are stiff but I prefer them over Hyman's anytime. PM me if you ever need a restaurant recco for Chucktown (don't want to let you hijack this thread from Alberto )

thumbsup2.gif

Who's Alberto? poke2.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif