• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pgm asm 129...this is a...9.4????

12 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Kingkongcraig said:

by quality control i meant that they would verify that the item they are selling is reasonably a 9.4 and not fake CGC label

Uhh, right. BAD Heritage! No dinner!

Did you actually buy this book off HA or are you just goofing around?

1 hour ago, Kingkongcraig said:

by quality control i meant that they would verify that the item they are selling is reasonably a 9.4 and not fake CGC label

Are you implying, or outright suggesting, that they didn't do this..?

They're one of the biggest online auction houses for comics. That would be asinine. They know how to identify tampered cases.

You know, I've been trying really, really, (really really) hard to be less snarky on the boards but when I see threads like this (and others lately) it's hard not to. Jerkfro keeps threatening to return

Edited by Jeffro.

Last I checked, this type of marking (and date stamps and other like it) could still warrant above 9.0. Means the book is super clean otherwise, the fact that the 15 is there was done by a distributor back in the day in and its not dead center. Personally, I think it should be a 9.2 but hey, if CGC says its 9.4 I am inclined to believe them. It is kind of a unique defect which I personally love because it give character to the comic. Was part of comics in their hey day, just like ink overspray! Although, sometimes ink overspray is a bit much for me. See the link below for varying degrees. a 9.8 is still possible and to me, ink is worse. Although, like the pencil, unobtrusive to the main cover is the key.

https://www.comicbookdaily.com/columns/nut-shell/crack-and-flip/

I'm not a big fan of books with large grease pencil marks like this one. To me, it detracts from the overall appearance of the book. I think it's a bit of a push to call this a 9.4...but that's just my opinion...  :)

Edited by The Lions Den

26 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

I'm not a big fan of books with large grease pencil marks like this one. To me, it detracts from the overall appearance of the book. I think it's a bit of a push to call this a 9.4...but that's just my opinion...  :)

Grease pencil can be removed