• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Self pressing?

27 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2019 at 1:07 PM, BladeTX said:

Good God, 6 grand???  What are people pressing - NM copies of AF15?   I guess if pressing a $100K book can turn it into $200K, I get it.   Better not F it up.

Imagine what 100 tons of pressure would do to 16 folds of paper attached by a couple of staples.

Here’s the thing about early Walking Deads

Hitting 9.8s are a bit harder than most due to the black back cover and how easily they get scuffed

if you want 9.8s you should buy them already graded 

also the price on them is dropping 

be patient and you can have them for a song 

11 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Here’s the thing about early Walking Deads

Hitting 9.8s are a bit harder than most due to the black back cover and how easily they get scuffed

if you want 9.8s you should buy them already graded 

also the price on them is dropping 

be patient and you can have them for a song 

Which song...? White Christmas? I'm not going through that again. Burns really screwed me on that deal.

On 4/5/2019 at 2:59 PM, BladeTX said:

Well at least now I know where to go when the neighborhood boy or girl scout asks about how to apply a merit badge :-).  

So pressing is some secret society thing?  Really?  I've heard CCS only charges $12 to do it.   I don't want the book graded, so just want to do a home fix job to make it better.   Maybe it requires expensive equipment or a PhD in alchemy.  I have no idea.  But it would be great if someone in this community could share some knowledge.

CCS will press books for you and you don't have to get them graded by CGC...  

9 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

CCS will press books for you and you don't have to get them graded by CGC...  

6 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

I'm experimenting now with several home options on junky comics and will let you know what works and what does not in the coming weeks (I only have time every so often to play around with it). 

Yeah, I heard that