• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four #1
1 1

37 posts in this topic

Lets suppose for a moment that there exists a man who owns a FF #1. He has owned this book since childhood. IT is well read (A 4.0), and it has several panels and coupons clipped out. So it is INCOMPLETE. He decides to restore this book, and it gets a 7.0, once restored. As he steps out of a comic shop where he went to a free grading, he drops the book in a puddle. IT then gets run over by many cars, and a dog has its way with the book. He decides to still get it graded. It comes back as a CGC 0.5. Restored. Incomplete.

He offers to sell it to you. How much would you pay?

35 minutes ago, D84 said:

I'd pass, even at $20.00 after a dog has it's way with the book.

I get your preference but a key, especially a silver age key is worth a lot more. The determining factor for me is how does it present. I've seen plenty of 0.5 that present better than 5.0s

Sounds to me as though it would be better making a comic book or film ---script from that story.

The harsh realities of life gradually wearing down a key comic, from its minty-fresh, vibrant youth, the scars and physical damage inflicted by one harsh experience after another, ending with callous violation in old age by a selfish dog with impulse control issues, and, ultimately, worn-out and hopeless, barely clinging onto existence as a broken, wizened CGC 0.5.

It's a classic, heart-rending literary trope.

Edited by Ken Aldred

9 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I get your preference but a key, especially a silver age key is worth a lot more. The determining factor for me is how does it present. I've seen plenty of 0.5 that present better than 5.0s

A dog having it's way with it means the animal either went to the bathroom on or had sex with the book.  I'll pass at any price.

18 minutes ago, D84 said:

A dog having it's way with it means the animal either went to the bathroom on or had sex with the book.  I'll pass at any price.

Depends... a dog has personality and personality goes a long way. 

4 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

Just curious...

Is there a point to this hypothetical situation?  ???  (shrug)

OR

Did this really happen and you own the book or are looking to buy the book?  hm  (shrug)

There Is no point to this. I just saw that thread about Spider-Man #2 (I think) Restored and wondered people would pay for an FF #1 that was utterly destroyed.

And no- II don't own the book. I wish I did, though

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:33 AM, obiedagod said:

Lets suppose for a moment that there exists a man who owns a FF #1. He has owned this book since childhood. IT is well read (A 4.0), and it has several panels and coupons clipped out. So it is INCOMPLETE. He decides to restore this book, and it gets a 7.0, once restored. As he steps out of a comic shop where he went to a free grading, he drops the book in a puddle. IT then gets run over by many cars, and a dog has its way with the book. He decides to still get it graded. It comes back as a CGC 0.5. Restored. Incomplete.

I want some of whatever you got dude.

On 4/6/2019 at 5:33 PM, obiedagod said:

Unfortunately the going rate for trash.:bigsmile:

download.jpg