• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next up for grading is my ASM KSizeSpecial #3

8 posts in this topic

Here is the next one up.

Flaws are pretty much apparent in the scan. IMHO this is a fairly clean book for a square bound 72 pg King Size Special. It has the typical clue wave near the spine. The pages are light tan to cream color.

The cover is on very tight and secure with no tears on the spine.

Thanks for your time and comments.

BTW do you feel this book would be worth submitting to CGC?

Front Cover

Back Cover

With the verticle reading crease on the spine i say that this one gets no better than a fine. might even go as low as a vg/f. Im not knocking your book, but im not really that good in the area below f/vf.

I agree with your assessment of the book. To me this book rated a VG+. I don't see many square bounds that rate high. Their construction leads to them have more problems then the regular staple bound books.

Thanks for the comments.

That's what I'm seeing as well, right around a 5.0. Not sure what you've got your scan settings on but the size is closer to where it should be, maybe a little smaller. Most of us choose a width of 4" as the target size then save it as 50% then you don't need to alter the size it comes out right. Make sure the masks or filters are turned off as your scans appear over exposed. It takes awhile in the begining. thumbsup2.gif