• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Given Thor Comic Lot
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

Hope you are well. 

My Name is Conor and from the UK. 

The other day while helping out my Uncle move houses he gave me a box of Comics from his loft as a thankyou I'm guessing he no longer looked or had interest in them, I've tried to attach some pictures below.

I'm currently really interested in Doctor Strange from the movies and would love to dive deeper and read more of his adventures.

My Uncle is also okay with me selling the below to start my own collection for something I like "Doctor Strange".

I was wondering do they have any value to sell or even trade and also what would be a good start for a newbie who wants to get in to Doctor Strange.

Sorry for the pictures tried to organise as best as possible. 

Any advice much appreciated. 

C

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

You have a nice run of Thor issues. Unfortunately, not high value issues. #337 is your most expensive book...if condition on yours is in the VF range, you could be looking at $30-40. Every other issue is maybe $1-3 tops retail. If you had a more completed stretch between 337-400 (looks like you are missing a chunk) that would be desirable because Simonson wrote most in that stretch and its regarded as some of the best Thor stories ever.

As for Dr. Strange, you cannot go wrong with Silver Age stuff by Ditko. Dr. Strange was featured in Strange Tales through the 60's. Pretty sure there are collected versions of these. The Dr. Stranger series that started in the early 70's was also decent...more so earlier on than the later issues.

I have no idea if 90's Dr. Strange is any good. Nor can I speak to anything written in recent years.

43 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

You have a nice run of Thor issues. Unfortunately, not high value issues. #337 is your most expensive book...if condition on yours is in the VF range, you could be looking at $30-40. Every other issue is maybe $1-3 tops retail. If you had a more completed stretch between 337-400 (looks like you are missing a chunk) that would be desirable because Simonson wrote most in that stretch and its regarded as some of the best Thor stories ever.

As for Dr. Strange, you cannot go wrong with Silver Age stuff by Ditko. Dr. Strange was featured in Strange Tales through the 60's. Pretty sure there are collected versions of these. The Dr. Stranger series that started in the early 70's was also decent...more so earlier on than the later issues.

I have no idea if 90's Dr. Strange is any good. Nor can I speak to anything written in recent years.

I agree with @comicginger1789 most books ou have are not valuable but Issues 337-400 are some of the best Thor issues ever including some which inspired the Thor movies which you would enjoy!

Read them before selling away you may want to keep some!

I’m a Thor collector and just like everyone said, unless you have a high grade (9.8) #337, you won’t get much for your lot. Nice collection though. Love me some Thor.