• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 to 75 degrees in 24 hours, is that OK for storage ?

6 posts in this topic

I have read , like everyone else , that big temperature change is as bad as cold or hot storage. My humidity meter indicates that my humidity is steady and around 45% which seems to be ok but in the last 24 hours my low temp in the room shows 67 degrees and the high temp shows 75 degrees. Is that too much tempeture swing for just 24 hours ? 

4 hours ago, Lamborghinikid said:

I have read , like everyone else , that big temperature change is as bad as cold or hot storage. My humidity meter indicates that my humidity is steady and around 45% which seems to be ok but in the last 24 hours my low temp in the room shows 67 degrees and the high temp shows 75 degrees. Is that too much tempeture swing for just 24 hours ? 

It's the large and frequent swings in RH that should concern you. 8 degrees in temp change is nothing. Now if your RH frequently swings from 35% to 75% then you've got problems. 

14 minutes ago, justafan said:
5 hours ago, Lamborghinikid said:

It's the large and frequent swings in RH that should concern you. 8 degrees in temp change is nothing. Now if your RH frequently swings from 35% to 75% then you've got problems. 

RH? Does that stand for relative humidity? :shy:

From what I can tell , I’m consistantly in the mid 40s in my humidity range. I’m going to monitor it closer as the summer starts to heat up but so far so good. My main concern was that jump in temperature from morning to night. I didn’t know if 8 to 10 degree temperature swings would start taking any effect over a long period.