• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Really high grade comics up for auction *DELETED*

31 posts in this topic

This is the full quote (on a 9.4-9.6 book.)

"I have been recieving more e-mails regarding this book than any other book I have up for auction, so let me describe the book a little better. I really cannot find any flaws on this book except for perhaps a half a dozen very faint stress marks on the spine. You really need to get up close to the book to see them. Other than that, the book does not have any other flaws that I can see."

"I have been recieving more e-mails regarding this book than any other book I have up for auction, so let me describe the book a little better. I really cannot find any flaws on this book except for perhaps a half a dozen very faint stress marks on the spine. You really need to get up close to the book to see them. Other than that, the book does not have any other flaws that I can see."

Oy yoy yoy.

So, it's either an eye-sight thing, or an incompetence thing.

Either way, those puppies are going to be lucky to have an 8 before for the decimal point, never mind a 9.

Hey seller, I don't want to buy these, but I would be interested in trading. I've got some books that are 9.8 except for the fact that the cover's missing and my cat pizzed on them, which you'll only notice if you get REALLY close to the book. You know, like 20 yards or so.

Lemme know!! thumbsup2.gif

At the risk of looking like I am joining in the attack (which I am not trying to do) I have a question. I see that you have multiple copies of the same book listed. Did you used the same scan for multiple auctions of the same issue? For example, the Captain America 241s you have up all have the same scan in the listing. I am sure it's just an honest mistake, but you should scan every individual issue and not just post one general scan, even if the condition is similar.

BTW, nice books. I have a bunch on my watchlist and I am planning on bidding (provided that the questions asked in this thread are answered in a satisfactory manner). thumbsup2.gif

A 9.6 book can have NO stress lines.

27_laughing.gif

Hell....9.8s can have a stress line.

Not ones that I buy, my Canadian friend. Will you be in Chicago this year for Head Sized Steaks?

A 9.6 book can have NO stress lines.

27_laughing.gif

Hell....9.8s can have a stress line.

Not ones that I buy, my Canadian friend. Will you be in Chicago this year for Head Sized Steaks?

I'm trying my best to get funds together. Last year was a total blast. grin.gif