• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movies that didnt help their related comic books value

26 posts in this topic

I’d say movie have done nothing for Hulk 1.  It was a popular key before the hype machine and I don’t think we have seen a hype bump since the marvel movies started becoming popular.

Just now, 1Cool said:

I’d say movie have done nothing for Hulk 1.  It was a popular key before the hype machine and I don’t think we have seen a hype bump since the marvel movies started becoming popular.

I agree to be honest

Someone was suggesting eternals will do the same

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I agree to be honest

Someone was suggesting eternals will do the same

Not sure if you quoted the right statement.  Eternals has already seen a huge movie news surge so it doesn't adhere to your original question.  Will it crash and burn?  Really will depend on if it's Inhumans bad or Stranger Things good.  But I will say 90% of all hype books come back to earth once the movie or show comes out.  Black Panther is one example of a movie that came out and the 1st appearance surged even further.  

39 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Not sure if you quoted the right statement.  Eternals has already seen a huge movie news surge so it doesn't adhere to your original question.  Will it crash and burn?  Really will depend on if it's Inhumans bad or Stranger Things good.  But I will say 90% of all hype books come back to earth once the movie or show comes out.  Black Panther is one example of a movie that came out and the 1st appearance surged even further.  

As Black Panther should for a multitude of reasons

My Bad,what I meant to say is Eternals will probably surge and than settle.

Books in ASM like 129,300,361 will continue to rise based on the strength of spiderman and also the interest of the supervillains. What would have been cool is if they came out with venom as a bad guy first instead of a conflicted Anti hero.

Hulk is probably one of the most successful selling series along with Fantastic Four and yet the movies werent the greatest.

I'm really hoping for a successful run of Miles Morales as spiderman and Gwen Stacy as spidergwen.

Since the subject is MCU movies...

I'd say that War Machine didn't take off as much as I thought it would...

that's the first one that comes to mind. 

1 hour ago, dupont2005 said:

Almost Every comic book movie before 2010 or so

Did Jonah Hex movie come out in 2010? 1 of the only comic book movies to get a Rotten Tomatoes score of :shy: nil or negative. Still the Jonah Hex comics themselves were consistently well written.

5 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Black Panther is one example of a movie that came out and the 1st appearance surged even further.

Try telling that to the guy who paid well over $80K for a copy of FF 52, or even the person who paid over $65K for their copy of FF 52 months later.  :tonofbricks:

1st Mandarin rose (IM3) and then settled back down I beleive.

Same with 1st Silver Samurai (wolverine movie), went up and then came back to earth.

Cant think of one (since the MCU came to be) that had Zero effect on the books at some point...

10 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

That’s what has me extremely skeptical about movie hype.

Well, unfortunately with these types of books, it's almost always about movie hype and speculation.  This basically means that unless you had the books to start with, it's really a matter of timing the market as these books will in virtually all cases, move back down over time.  The only positive is that they usually will always still settle back down above their original starting price point before the movie hype.  hm

As a long term collector, I am much more interested in vintage collectible comic books whereby it's more a matter of time in the market, as the valuations of vintage books usually tends to trend up over an extended period of time.  (thumbsu

36 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, unfortunately with these types of books, it's almost always about movie hype and speculation.  This basically means that unless you had the books to start with, it's really a matter of timing the market as these books will in virtually all cases, move back down over time.  The only positive is that they usually will always still settle back down above their original starting price point before the movie hype.  hm

As a long term collector, I am much more interested in vintage collectible comic books whereby it's more a matter of time in the market, as the valuations of vintage books usually tends to trend up over an extended period of time.  (thumbsu

Exactly!👍